November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 111

Your thoughts on anti-theism

:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Discuss.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconi-stamp:
i-stamp Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
It's a term used by a lot of Christians more than Atheists that I see. Usually in describing someone who dislikes Christianity, but not necessarily other religions. In such form it's a strawman to make atheists seem more extreme then they are, so that they're easier targets. There are anti-theist atheists out there. But I'm not one of them. I just think the bible is full of crap.
:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
eh, It's good
:icontheartofcbyoung:
TheArtOfCBYoung Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Early on in human history religion was useful for explaining things that people did not understand, and as an effective form of social control. I don't much see the need for religion nowadays. I suppose that makes me anti-theist.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Unreason doesn't speak, it babbles.
:iconrionx:
RiONX Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
i don't believe in anti-thought, it isn't logical.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Might have replied to this before, but that'll have to pass.

I think it is the reaction to long periods of religious oppression and that it has its uses in modern society as long as religion exists as an institution of power. Not so useful when religion is no longer that and seems to dissipate sometime after that happens.
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it is a new religion in disguise
:iconilovepopplz:
ilovepopplz Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student General Artist
Well because of all the harm religion does/can do, along with people I have spoken too who are forced into religion I am against it.
There is no act of charity that you need religion to achieve...
:iconalzebetha:
alzebetha Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
hail Satan!
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I think you might like this [link].
alzebetha Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Genius*nodnod*
:iconvoodooandmonsters:
VoodooAndMonsters Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
worship him all you want but when the time comes soon satan will die by god.Who are you going to worship then.
alzebetha Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Die by god? so it's a disease to you?

Oh well, whatever rocks your boat, your statement was either a very complicated and well thought out moral theological argument hidden in a metaphor,
or a pathetic attempt at putting your god, presumambly Jehova the war god of.. I mean, the one and only benevolent god of christianity your LORD! on a pedestal.

Wich one was it?
:iconvoodooandmonsters:
VoodooAndMonsters Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
im just kidding do whatever you want it doesnt matter to me
alzebetha Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
K. Deal
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am not anti religion, but hate it when some religious people claim that their religion is the most correct one; or denying scientific evidences simply because they contradict their scriptures, even calling scientists as liars or forcing education system to teach their version of how life come to earth; or hating gay people without clear reason, etc. As I have said repeatedly in this forum, religion consists of spirituality and dogma. I am anti dogma, but not spirituality
:iconsketch-silver:
Sketch-Silver Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't say I'm all for it, but I'm not against it. Everyone has their right to decide what they believe.
:icondragonsnapalm:
DragonsNapalm Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Anti-theism is the acceptance of the obvious. Call me a fascist, but unless you have a reason to believe in something, besides a desire for it to be true, then it's an irrational way of thinking that inevitably comes around to harm you and those around you.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It's stupid.
:icongreatest-i-am:
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Imagine a world where we did not correct foolish thinking.
Imagine your own mind full of garbage because no one corrected you.

Not a pretty place and that is what you would rather have. Tsk tsk.

Would you not correct those that you see below?

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

[link]

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
[link]

Jesus Camp 1of 9
[link]

Promoting death to Gays.
[link]

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL
:icondoloreg:
doloreg Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Of course what you're saying would make much more sense if the anti-theists would actually give a damn about those topics. Instead, from what i can tell, they're jumping on moderate theists (mostly Christians), who live in the civilised world, doing nothing even remotely similar to what you're talking about. In fact, most (if not all) would oppose religious extremism, and violence as well.

So I don't believe that shouting at your everyday religious person for some terrible thing the nutter minority does is considered "social conscience".
And I also believe, that you can oppose these heinous acts, without opposing all religion.

As a side-note, saying that these atrocities are purely coming from religion (even though you can see that religion has no such effect in everyday life), and so all religion is evil, is like saying that your anti-theist/atheist philosophy is evil, because the communist regimes used to send theists to work-camps.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Ok. No one cares.

[link]

Regards
DL
doloreg Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
For someone who was so persistent on bugging Vanhir about not presenting an argument, this was a really disappointing reply, with obviously zero thought put into it. Also, Pat Condell is an idiot.
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
It's the moderate majority that suscribe to the same irrational beliefs that give the "nutter" minority the excuse to commit atrocities. The child witch killings by African Christians are supported by the same religious leaders that preach to the moderate Christians in civilized countries. Same goes for the legislation of homosexuality being an executable offense in Uganda. What the religious right can't do in civilized secular societies they impose on the unstable fledging nations in Africa.
doloreg Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
I have never met a moderate, or to be honest a hardcore Christian (living in a civilised, secular country), nor have i heard a religious leader "support" the actions of the violent extremists. In fact, they are quite against it.
Also, I would ask you (or everyone really) what religion is ok to be against? All religion?
Would you say that Zen-Buddhism or Shinto or Taoism is the root of many atrocities? How many could you name?

Also, don't you find it strange that all the extreme violence happens in countries that are violent in general, with or without religion? The warlords of Africa would use child soldiers either way, for example.
Perhaps there are more cultural reasons to it, than just religion.
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Have you never heard of Wesboro Baptist Church?
doloreg Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
You mean the extreme hate-group, basically "excommunicated" by everyone with a brain, hated by atheists and Christians alike? Yes, i have.
They're not moderate, nor are they religious leaders, and they are far from being supported by either as well, so i don't see why you'd bring them up. If anything, it undermines what you're saying, as most moderates despise them.

To cut things short(er), I'm an atheist, and I'm not blind to the incidents religious bigotry and hatred can cause, but i do not think that the correct answer is to be violently opposed to all forms of religion, especially peaceful religions, or peaceful followers, and i absolutely can't stand the idea that this hypocritical anti-religious bigotry is masqueraded as some form of "social conscience".
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
I meant to put a link on that post but I'm using my cellphone to reply and forgot to paste the link before clicking add comment.
When did I mention anything about "violently" opposing religion?
(1 Reply)
Wha- Jesus, all I said was that I disagree with it, man.
Yes. And all I did was tell you why you should not.

I offered an argument for my case.

Where is yours for yours or to refute mine.

That is how you learn and improve your thinking friend.

Are you up to it?
Can youe ego take being wrong?
Mine can if you can find a flaw with my thinking.

Regards
DL
I don't argue with people on the internet, it's like throwing shit back at a chimp at the zoo. Not to mention that I don't argue with people who outright DEMAND I argue with them purely because they seemingly doubt my "ego can take being wrong".

Tl;dr - Anal sex. :heart:
Argument is defined as----

2 a: a reason given in proof or rebuttal

b: discourse intended to persuade

3 a: the act or process of arguing : argumentation

b: a coherent series of statements leading from a premise to a conclusion

c: quarrel
----------------

I think you are using c.

I am not.

Regards
DL
You're odd. :B
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Thank you.

I would not have it any other way.
I like being a savant.

Regards
DL
:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
You can be an Atheist without being anti-theist.

That's all.
Not if you have a sense of social conscience.

Imagine a world where we did not correct foolish thinking.
Imagine your own mind full of garbage because no one corrected you.

Not a pretty place and that is what you would rather have. Tsk tsk.

Would you not correct those that you see below?

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

[link]

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
[link]

Jesus Camp 1of 9
[link]

Promoting death to Gays.
[link]

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
You're assuming everything is just free-thinkers vs. religion when there are more complicated issues than just that.
With my assumption I hit 95%$ of the population and the rest I do not care about and they have no bearing or effect on my stated policy of correcting.

That is the issue. Not the numbers.

Stick to the issue.

Regards
DL
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
No the point I'm making is that there are more issues out there than just "religion." As much as there's bigoted religious people out there. They're not the only problem.
True. Just the largest one.

What other organizations do you know of that have institutionalized pedophile protection and lives off of lying about God to their sheep?

Regards
DL
:iconty-calibre:
Ty-Calibre Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hollywood.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012   Digital Artist
I think that even if you tried for a week straight, that you couldn't find a way to be any more unoriginal and lacking in any kind of thought process.
:iconlawsof:
lawsof Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Law of India refers to the system of law in modern India. Some of contemporary Indian law shows substantial European and American influence. Various legislation first introduced by the British are still in effect in modified forms today. During the drafting of the Indian Constitution, laws from Ireland, the United States, Britain, and France were synthesized into a refined set of Indian laws. Indian laws also adhere to the United Nations guidelines on human rights law and the environmental law. Certain international trade laws, such as those on intellectual property, are also enforced in India.
We are a Hyderabad based online service offering you the convenience and quality of in-house and in-business legal consultancy service and other facilities in the field of law. Through our service, we give you the opportunity to get answers to all your legal questions, for which you would not go to a lawyer.
We also provide value to you by simplifying the communication process. We collect information beforehand and enlist lawyers practicing in your problem area. We also save the amount of time and money you spend consulting with a lawyer to determine whether you have a case or not. This is useful for all.
For more information, contact: “[link]"
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Nobody cares...
:iconkaikaku:
kaikaku Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't agree with it.

But I can understand why some people harbor anti-theist feelings.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Without Christopher Hitchens, it's a bit of a dead word.
Law of India refers to the system of law in modern India. Some of contemporary Indian law shows substantial European and American influence. Various legislation first introduced by the British are still in effect in modified forms today. During the drafting of the Indian Constitution, laws from Ireland, the United States, Britain, and France were synthesized into a refined set of Indian laws. Indian laws also adhere to the United Nations guidelines on human rights law and the environmental law. Certain international trade laws, such as those on intellectual property, are also enforced in India.
We are a Hyderabad based online service offering you the convenience and quality of in-house and in-business legal consultancy service and other facilities in the field of law. Through our service, we give you the opportunity to get answers to all your legal questions, for which you would not go to a lawyer.
We also provide value to you by simplifying the communication process. We collect information beforehand and enlist lawyers practicing in your problem area. We also save the amount of time and money you spend consulting with a lawyer to determine whether you have a case or not. This is useful for all.
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
This topic sucks. Maybe next time the topic starter will take more than 18 seconds to shit a thread on the forum.

:iconbirdplz:
:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
birdplz?
Add a Comment: