Details

Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13
:iconjazzlizard:
JazzLizard Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
After Thanksgiving* dinner, my family usually talks about what we're thankful for from the past year. I'm thankful to still have my job and the opportunities it presents, and an awesome girlfriend. My whole family is thankful that my dad is making an awesome recovery from a really bad bike accident. What are you thankful for this year? I'm sure everyone out there has something to be thankful for, even if it's hard to think up off the top of your head.

*I know "the first Thanksgiving" was the settlers mooching off of generosity of the Native Americans before stealing their land and slaughtering them, but that's not the point of this post.

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
This is not the right forum for such a thread. I would move your thread to the Deviants forum where it belongs, but as there are many active threads already there, I'll have to lock this one as we should stick to one active thread per topic.

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am thankful for my life, that I am not dead yet. I am thankful for everything happens in my life, good or bad. They make what myself now, with all positives and negatives traits.

strange that a beautiful post like this got few replies
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   Digital Artist
I think this song explains what I'm thankful for

[link]
:iconkemcar:
kemcar Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I am thankful for my job, my partner, my family's health and happiness, and all that which God has given to me and I can't recall.
:icontheawsomeopossum:
TheAwsomeOpossum Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I'm thankful for my family =).
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
... Is this the right forum for this? Despite the fact that I find thanksgiving to be slightly... wierd. And expensive. 2 major poultry meals in a year? Are you guys crazy?!

And who the hell are you thanking for all this anyway?
:iconjazzlizard:
JazzLizard Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I believe so, and if not the admins can move it. Also, I haven't had turkey at thanksgiving for several years, my folks usually make a roast of some sort.

And no one in general, you don't need to thank anyone directly if you're healthy and happy.
:iconjarm13:
JARM13 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm thankful for friends , family members , coworkers and complete strangers who have helped me in the past year and will probably help me in the future . I'm thankful for many other things too . Some people thank the deity of their choice . But most don't stop there or even start there . Really you only eat poultry twice a year ? It's not my favorite meat source and I eat poultry at least once a week . You call people crazy because they get together for two major meals a year ? I think we're crazy for not getting together more often then that . Don't you know anyone or anything you are thankful for . I'm thankful my home and work place wasn't destroyed in the recent hurricane . Think about it .
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I meant roasting a giant bird style meal. Here it is christmas and that is it, as far as nightmarish meal preparation holidays go.

I am thankful to specific people when they are responsible for whatever it is I am thankful about. Beyond that it seems a waste of effort, or religion. I mean I am not going to be thankful to myself for cooking my steak today am I? I am going to thankful to my girlfriend for going to the shop before it closed, when I couldn`t, to get it, of course. But general thankfulness seems pointless.
:iconjarm13:
JARM13 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I guess I live in a larger world then you do .
Add a Comment: