Prayer on the go - Drive Thru Prayer Service

Video Link [link]

I really need a good laugh today, and this gave me one. Waiting for someone to make a comic about a family ordering a quickie prayer. "Uhh ya...i'll take the prayer for good fortune, wife will get health...Kids, what do you want? You want the one for grandma going to heaven, or should we get the deluxe grandma and grandpa?"

Not making fun of religion or a person's faith here. Just deriving some sinister pleasure from the idea in our "fast paced" economy.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
And he we go again, thinking God is our Genie again.
If I was religious this would probably be the opposite of lazy for me. When I was a Catholic kid, I just prayed in my head to myself on the go. Here, I actually have to spend gas and/or energy and time out of my day, however little it may be.

Plus like. It's a church woman sitting on the side of the road under a canopy. If it was a drive thru window I might be a little more appalled.
Fox News? What are you doing? Fox news... Stahp!

Seriously, praying. It's easier than actually doing anything, and now you have to do even less. What's next, drive through confessions for the Catholics? There's an idea, have a quickie confession right after you had a quickie in the back seat.
Wow, this is how bad it has gotten? This is hilarious.
A book you'd love is Scepticism Inc. by Bo Fowler.
I forget where I saw it, but I recently saw something about drive through viewings for passed relatives.
An interesting concept but it seems pretty impersonal.
Only in America... :lol:
I almost though it was ridiculous because of sermon spice who did a joke about drive through worship.
[link]

But if the focus is not like getting what you want but saving people and just helping each other, I think then its a bit less ridiculous.
"The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh."