Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 104
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
I'm not talking about a specific type of death, I think we can all agree that certain forms of death are evil. As for death itself, however, can it be considered evil? I'm sure we've all seen the Lion King (if not, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL YOUR CHILDHOOD?) so we should know the whole "circle of life" deal, but in truth, one cannot deny that death has a place in the natural order of things. Plus, if there was no death, then wouldn't life lose its value as well? We would have no real drive to achieve the best we can, if there wasn't a limited amount of time to do them in. I honestly have doubts that society would have advanced to the degree it has today without the presence of death.

Thus, if one thinks about it, can death be considered evil?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbrainninja11:
brainninja11 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
Death isn't evil, it's natural. We have negative feelings about it because we don't want to die (usually), and because we aren't sure what (if anything) happens after we die. But that doesn't mean that you can label it 'evil'. That's just silly.
:iconandyducat:
AndyDucat Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Death is not evil. This is how this life goes.

If we were to live forever, many would have asked, "is this life (living forever) evil".

[link]
:iconwilliamrobertrussell:
WilliamRobertRussell Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Honestly i dont even understand how you could consider it to be evil. Evil is just an opinion or perception, nothing is actually evil. Unless your religion i suppose.
:iconcait-cait93:
Cait-Cait93 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Death is neither good nor evil. It merely is.
:iconproductno49:
productno49 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Professional General Artist
its not evil or good. its just a process, a transfer of energy.
Flagged as Spam
:iconxalalax:
xAlalax Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
intresting quote
:iconxalalax:
xAlalax Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
well we're all going to die eventually think about it as leaving to give your place in life to next generations
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Writer
Death is definitely not evil.
The stereotype of death is horrible, because humans generally do not appreciate death, especially if it happens to somebody they care for.
But, without death, life would have no meaning. There will be no more point eating anymore (besides the stuff tastes good) because you can't die of hunger. There's no point having laws anymore because death penalties do not exist. There is not point trying to assume order anymore, to have the world dicided up into tidy countries anymore because there's no point having countries. Everything will descend into chaos.
:iconmachine-intellectual:
Machine-Intellectual Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It's ridiculous to call something like death evil.
Add a Comment: