"Barack Obama is the antichrist." Dafuq?

Apparently, my mom is under the impression that Barack Obama is the antichrist. I mean, I know she was thoroughly pissed off the Mitt Romney lost the election, but now she has to drag religion into the argument. Personally, I don't care what she wants to believe, but just out of curiosity; I'd like to see some other opinions. What do you think?
Comments125
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Obama isn't the Anti-Christ, the corrupted western super powers are the anti-Christ, according to my ideologies.
Well, that is not the only thing Obama have been called. From memory he has also been called a muslim, anti-theist, fascist and communist. And I think there was some attention on his "crazy Christian pastor" at some point.

Kinda funny, seeing as fascism and communism are mutually exclusive, and the same goes for muslim, christian and anti-theist. If Obama is a triangle , they are clling him a circle and a square.
Sometimes I worry for him due to the mistakes he's made in the past, but I honestly think that Obama would make a better president than Romney.
my mom says the same thing :dummy:
Your mom sounds like a religious Zealot :B
people are following him blindly? but on a serious note, a lot of people don't believe in the anti-christ, like myself, so who knows, maybe he's just one more individual that says the right things at the right time and peer cheer like puppets?
I can see where people can come to that idea. The Antichrist is supposed to unite the nations of the world into a single government structure, which is something the world has been slowly moving towards since 2000. He possesses all of the qualities one would need as a world ruler: likeable, charismatic.

Personally, I'm not going to make judgements until I see who's the most powerful after this "one world government" thing goes down, which if everything continues as it has been, should be within a few years, if not less.
Your mom is really not all that bright. Ask her if she likes this painting of mine.

[link]
She's actually a very intelligent person, I have no idea how this theory came about, but many others have said the same about various other political figures, she claims to have done research on the topic, I can understand why she'd think such a thing, but I don't agree with it. Yes, she likes the painting.
Well, I know that Obama's black and that was a big deal for a while... now he's antichrist... tomorrow he may be called hare krishna for all we know...
No, you misunderstood. My mother isn't racist, it has nothing to do with that, but apparently she's been doing research on the apocalypse, and she's come to the conclusion that Obama is an Antichrist for some reason, it has nothing to do with color though.
Technically he isn't black.

Our country has only label to black and white of races.

He is a mixed raced president.
No, Anti-Christ who opposed to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Who makes their own man made salvation program, which is contrary and against the law of God, the Bible. He is already working in the churches and outside the churches all over the world, that's why there's so many different teaching and false doctrine in the world today. They are worshipping other gods other than the creator, thus committing spiritual fornications. Therefore, they have come under the judgment of God. We read this truth in the book of 2 Peter 4:17-19. .

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator...2 Peter 4:17-19.
The stupid hurts... Seriously Obama doesn't display any of the signs of any of the anti-Christ concepts beyond simply being a person in power with influence. That applies to thousands of individuals.
I didn't mean to hurt you XD
Now, I haven't read the bible, but all I know is there will be someone who seems as if they are helping us in a time of depression, someone who is well-loved by the public and holds great authority, I can see how she may have drawn her conclusion, but you're right; that describes too many people to narrow it down to just one.
The same could have been said of someone like Ronald Reagan, infact he was far more popular than Obama and had far more influence in the world. Guess such a thought simply never crossed her mind.
Anyone labeling anyone as the antichrist is a pretty silly thing.

The 'Antichrist' as they're described is meant to be loved by so many that only a fractional minority would be displeased by them, thus their ultimate rise to power. Q.E.D. he can't be any politician we've so far encountered. Nor any in the near future, I'd reckon.

Sort of a self-fulfilling preventative measure, ain't it? Never love someone so fully, and they'll likely never be the antichrist.
It depresses me that something as trivial as the religious preference of our presidential nominees could influence the outcome of the election.
Hmm, I agree, but some things just can't be helped, people will be people, it's in their nature to make harsh judgements of others. Though, I will mention, my mother's theory didn't come around until after the election, my family is generally kind and very nonjudgmental, so she was still going to vote for Romney anyways. Funny how we'd never accuse people around us that we know personally of these things, but when it comes to someone in the media or more important, we tend to feel comfortable labeling them.
Christ, I'm the Antichrist.
Thanks for letting me know :dummy:
Your mom wanted what Billy Grahm had classified as a cult member until a few months ago as president?
I suppose she did.
If he is the Antichrist, this whole "apocalypse" thing is far more boring than I imagined it would be. I demand the oceans of blood, plagues of locusts, and skies of mixed fire and darkness that were promised to me.

Instead, the physical embodiment of evil is trying to give us free healthcare. (Perhaps the system is flawed - I would have preferred a single-payer system - but evil? You're going to have to do better than that to beat out Cthulhu, Antichrist.)