Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 44

Do you think that people are able to save Earth?

:iconmemmil:
Memmil Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What do you think?

Standards of living are rising all the time and human thinks that it is possible to continue developement for ever. I have no idea how well recycling works globally but i have a funny feeling in my toe that it fails and we're slowly- but firmly running out of resources.

I find new electronics, mobile phones etc. a bit depressing because we don't need all that new stuff. A lot of money is spent just make ourselves feel more and more comfortable. Is that really necessary? Same thing with medicine. Don't we already live long enough?

Earth is crowded. People in western countries should adopt kids from east and Africa instead of getting their own.

A lot of good food is feed to cattle just to make more money.

At some time in history we lived the way we could've done for ever without spoiling environment. Do human race allow drawbacks in developement?

It bugs me how careless people are about these issues!

Are we able to save us from ourselves? In fact it is not even difficult, but it is because we're humans. We have to think about human rights and well-fare at first and then about nature. Maybe this is some sort of funny game set by God? Is it possible make things change enough without changing our common way of life?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional Writer
disease, plague or other outside influence is about the only thing which might set the world right. so many are obsessed with children, wanting this or that, taking over this and that. the few that do care, can't/won't/aren't heard and are typically tramped into the muck, so to speak. if more people cared then there might be hope, but at the moment the true plague of humans is what is killing the world and sooner or later they are going to turn on themselves like a pack of starved coyote, until then we have to sit back and wait and try our best to do our part
Memmil Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Possibly people subconsciously believes that we're going to do just fine and nothing bad will eventually happen. Everyone don't think seriously about it or isn't accepting the truth.
:icondeizzan:
Deizzan Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
This seems to be a rather popular talking point among the many environmentalists, hippies and vegans that I've met and subsequently done everything possible to avoid. I don't believe that the Earth needs to be saved from humanity as much as humanity needs to avoid self-destruction. The Earth, though, managed fairly well on its own without us. I can only imagine that it will continue to soldier on long after we are gone. (if we ever leave) Personally I'm rooting for a Warhammer 40K -esque scenario minus the fanatical religious overtones. Maybe a little more Star Trek.
Memmil Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm not hippie nor vegan... these are just facts that everyone should face. I'm not going to kill anyone to reduce population.
:icondeizzan:
Deizzan Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Oh, I don't automatically assume that people are environmentalists, hippies or vegans simply by asking the question. There were plenty of people I became mildly acquainted with before I found out firsthand what every topic of conversation turned to when speaking to them.

As to reducing the population we seem to be doing a good enough job with that as it is.
:icontimehasanend:
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist
No! God says, He will destroy the earth and create new heaven and earth, where there's no more sea and there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God will give them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever...
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Doomsayers have been claiming that since the beginning of man and none have been right. Someday man will die, the earth will die the universe will die; but it will not be within this generation.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
How2Evolve
:iconi-am-a-retro-lass:
i-am-a-retro-lass Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i think that when the human species puts its children first above itself and grows the future generations up with a guaranteed birthright to health and safety, then yes, the fighting will stop and new technology and science and learning will re grow the broken trees and earth and clean the filthy waters and seed the clouds to drop the cleansing rain upon the parched earth and so on and so forth......
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I highly doubt it. We're pretty much fucked. Unless by some miracle
(or alien invasion) we'll be able to forget our differences and work as one that is.
But considering how unlikely that is I think it's reasonable to say that we're fucked.
Add a Comment: