Suppose that humans did not need to eat...

Suppose that humans did not need food in order to survive/function, but still felt hunger when they went a while without eating. It did not impair your physical or mental performance directly, but you still felt the sensation of hunger in your stomach if you did not eat.

Would it be morally wrong to consume food?
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't see why it would be.
I would think that there would be something to combat that.. perhaps a pill or whatever, but someone would try and find a cure to the hunger. :shrug:
No, it would not be morally wrong to consume food. I am glad i was able to answer your question, and if i can help with anything else just ask. :)
I feel that this ties to the big question: Is Greed bad.

But answering your question:
It would seem logical to calm the hunger with food.
I can't see how that would be immoral.
Is it morally wrong to live in a house with multiple rooms, or own special clothes just for sleeping? Strictly speaking, we don't need either of those to survive, but we still expend our natural resources because they give us comfort, and so far I haven't heard anybody bitching about the wastefulness of it.
Well. My husband bitches about pyjamas being a waste, but not of natural resources. Unless my ass is a natural resource and I don't know about it.
(Ones sexual attributes are most definitely a natural resource.)
This has a whiff of Twilight about it...
Well I've never watched/read Twilight so I don't know what goes on in their universe except for sparkly shit and psychologically abusive relationships.
Why would we feel hungry if we didn't need to eat? That's like if we randomly felt pain but nothing happened to generate it.

Either way, I would say no, it wouldn't be wrong.
Why feel the sensation of hunger? I say scarf it down!
I would eat live animals just to make people upset
Eat baby chickens for additional points.
:lol: Why don't you do that now?
It sounds like work
In heaven, we supposedly don't have hunger or need to exercise, yet we still eat for pleasure, and play football for fun. Its not morally wrong, but just unecessary.

Mostly it depends on also how it effects the body too. If it does make us unhealthy eaters, then its probably not good to eat for pleasure.
Depends how the animals are treated.
Not really, unless they didn't over do it. It'll just be a hobby. We don't NEED to play cards or watch TV, but many of us do.
If we didn't need to eat, we'd never have developed a diet and it wouldn't be a 'moral' question. Finding food uses energy, and if you don't have to use that energy you won't. It's the way basic life functions.

Hunger feeling can be ignored, they'd learn to ignore it shortly after being born.

Assuming we still had a stomach, that is.

And not eating would mean we didn't have to excrete, so they'd be no bathroom.

And no dentists....
If we didn't need to eat, we'd never have developed a diet and it wouldn't be a 'moral' question. Finding food uses energy, and if you don't have to use that energy you won't. It's the way basic life functions.

But we've developed so many behaviors that aren't necessary to live but feel good to do.