Details

Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 66
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
All the argument about whether or not there is a god, to me, is a little pointless. As I've noticed during my time on the forums, a lot of people have different definitions of what a god is, and what a god would do.

Therefore, in that light, what is your definition of god? What is a god to you, and what would you expect a god to do?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhotaru-suzume:
Hotaru-Suzume Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012   General Artist
In modern times the nature of a deity describes a concept of a being which transcends the scope of nature's laws. It is simply not bound to act within them as everything we actually know to be extant is.

As an apatheist, I do not assume that such a being would actually have any power within our universe, within the scope of nature's laws. Nor do I assume that if such a being can act within our universe, that it even cares to. No deity has affected my life, and so I don't pay it any mind.
:iconroycura:
RoyCura Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
God is the existence that transcends our definitions of a reason for existence. In my book, God is what gives us reason to exist. With God, our existence (all that you love, and all that you hate, and all that you do, and all you say) amounts to death - which is nothing.
:iconcooldas:
cooldas Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I believe God is a spiritual being who was not created by anyone, and no one is like Him. He is the most beautiful, the most loving being in the world, and only He can truly satisfy us. Everything else passes away in this world, except Him. He is a King, a father, the truth, our true love.
:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I don't believe God is a man or woman. To me, God is what keeps the universe and our world so perfectly in tune (for example, earth sustaining life). God is the energy that keeps us going, and what makes us do good things and think good thoughts. He does not hate, He does not shun. He just loves and keeps everything in perfect balance.
:iconmemmil:
Memmil Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Something which is above all known religions, that or God. Everyone should have their own ideas what god is but i don't have clear idea because nothing can't be proven. I "want" to believe in bible because it has a lot of good stuff and has some interesting "connections" with science and history.

I don't really know, but im open-minded and don't hate anybody because of their beliefs. Atheists don't count because they don't believe in any deities. Everyone should believe in something - way or another.
:iconmemmil:
Memmil Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Maybe human is "god".
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional General Artist
My personal idea of what 'god' is...is a little 'out there', so I'll just keep it to myself, thanx.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student General Artist
that's fine.
:iconkaikaku:
kaikaku Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't have a solid definition. I just try to listen to the definitions other people use before I respond to them.

I tend to think of gods as being characters that symbolize or embody different concepts/abstractions; They give humans a means of revering or relating to those concepts.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
The One, the ultimate, the all. Everything and nothing. God doesn't "do" anything, it just is. At most you could say we are It becoming conscious of Itself.
Add a Comment: