Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 334

I think it is funny when people say that God is "Immoral".

:iconinvisibleraptor:
invisibleraptor Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have never seen a painting yell to the painter "You are a bad painter!!!".

The created, (who are themselves immoral) cannot tell the creator "You are immoral!".

If you do think this way, please explain.

Thank you. :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkazali:
Kazali Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Why should I hold myself to a standard that God himself doesn't? Through the Bible God has proven to be arrogant, petty, and cruel despite calling himself compassionate and forgiving in the same breath. Seems pretty immoral to me. Plus it baffles me how you can create beings with the capacity for sin and then get mad at them when they do something you disapprove of.
:iconprairielily:
PrairieLily Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Personally, I think it's funny when people say God exists. But I suppose we all have things that amuse us, eh?

I believe the point that some who shout that opinion are making is that immorality cannot possibly come forth of absolute morality. Just as you cannot suddenly create light out of absolute darkness without something to cause it.
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional General Artist
Many kinds a morals exist. Anyone is free to think anything is immoral with their own subjective views. As it happens, your imaginary friend(s) do not qualify as proper sources of moral.
:iconmagicmoonbird:
MagicMoonBird Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, a painting doesnt have a voice, humans have :shrug: plus humans allways need to complain about something :lol: its in our nature
:iconmondu:
mondu Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Don't read anything Greatest_I_am posts.

The guy is a moron.
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If the creator didn't expect criticism from or for his creation, then he is an idiot.
:icontitaniumanimations:
TitaniumAnimations Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Me too. It is almost as though they think God exists.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Why not? Ignoring the bad analogy which has been pointed out a few times already, why can't we call God immoral?

If he exists and created us he created our sense of morality, and by my moral standard (the Judeo-Christian and Muslim, though they are more or less the same) God is immoral.
The God of the Bible are also immoral according to his own commandmends. He seems to mess up badly at the "you shall not kill" part.
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist
Yeah, but by "you shall not kill", 'kill' actually means murder, which is unlawful killing, and because he's God, it's okay!

Or something. What the fuck am I doing.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I hardly call the flood justified ;)
Add a Comment: