Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 334

I think it is funny when people say that God is "Immoral".

:iconinvisibleraptor:
invisibleraptor Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have never seen a painting yell to the painter "You are a bad painter!!!".

The created, (who are themselves immoral) cannot tell the creator "You are immoral!".

If you do think this way, please explain.

Thank you. :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkazali:
Kazali Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Why should I hold myself to a standard that God himself doesn't? Through the Bible God has proven to be arrogant, petty, and cruel despite calling himself compassionate and forgiving in the same breath. Seems pretty immoral to me. Plus it baffles me how you can create beings with the capacity for sin and then get mad at them when they do something you disapprove of.
:iconprairielily:
PrairieLily Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Personally, I think it's funny when people say God exists. But I suppose we all have things that amuse us, eh?

I believe the point that some who shout that opinion are making is that immorality cannot possibly come forth of absolute morality. Just as you cannot suddenly create light out of absolute darkness without something to cause it.
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional General Artist
Many kinds a morals exist. Anyone is free to think anything is immoral with their own subjective views. As it happens, your imaginary friend(s) do not qualify as proper sources of moral.
:iconmagicmoonbird:
MagicMoonBird Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, a painting doesnt have a voice, humans have :shrug: plus humans allways need to complain about something :lol: its in our nature
:iconmondu:
mondu Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Don't read anything Greatest_I_am posts.

The guy is a moron.
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If the creator didn't expect criticism from or for his creation, then he is an idiot.
:icontitaniumanimations:
TitaniumAnimations Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Me too. It is almost as though they think God exists.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Why not? Ignoring the bad analogy which has been pointed out a few times already, why can't we call God immoral?

If he exists and created us he created our sense of morality, and by my moral standard (the Judeo-Christian and Muslim, though they are more or less the same) God is immoral.
The God of the Bible are also immoral according to his own commandmends. He seems to mess up badly at the "you shall not kill" part.
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist
Yeah, but by "you shall not kill", 'kill' actually means murder, which is unlawful killing, and because he's God, it's okay!

Or something. What the fuck am I doing.
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I hardly call the flood justified ;)
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist
I really need a sarcasm tag or something.
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Aye, maybe that would be a good idea. I apologize for not picking up on it, should be pretty obvious.
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
~Dragonflae union *Svataben

That's all that needs to be said.
:iconeldingagunman:
EldingaGunman Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
If painting a picture where things pictured are alive, then it is quite possible that the painter would be immoral. If he pictured a torture scene, knowing that the figures in it would truly live and experience excruciating pain, then yes it would be immoral to draw such a scene.

But pitcures aren't alive, and I've never seen one that yells at me. So it's not really relevant.
:icondragonsnapalm:
DragonsNapalm Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I don't see how this is a good analogy. You're comparing a painting, which is a lifeless piece of canvas with paint on it, to people, who are living things that possess instinct and the capacity to reason and understand the world around them.

And if I can look to my parent and accuse them of being immoral, then man should be able to do so in relation to God. I don't see why that can't be done.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I have.
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
And the creator, who is immoral by the standards he himself fashioned, has no right to make us immoral and then judge us for it. :|
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Holy fail-metaphor, Batman! :iconrobinplz:

Painting = objects, devoid of life and thought.
Humans = Animals, embued with life and thought.
Human =/= painting.

"The created, (who are themselves immoral) cannot tell the creator "You are immoral!"."
Yes they can.
I can say it to my mother and father (you know, those who created me), when I think they're wrong.

You know how you can be correct though? Let me tell you:
I think it is funny when people say that God is "Immoral", because that creature most likely doesn't exist.
:iconsteampunk-desperado:
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I notice you don't reply to the people that actually make a good argument to prove you wrong and you only pick on the people you think you can lord (See what I did there?) your ridiculous, and wrong, opinion against.
invisibleraptor Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Actually, I have stopped answering questions all together. I have work, and school, and buisness transactions to be made. Thank you, and good day.
:iconponyfluff:
ponyfluff Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Translation: "People are making good points that I can't argue with/are correct, and I'm too much of a pussy to admit that I'm wrong."
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Then you shouldn't make a thread when you just intend give up halfway through and then blame "your busy life" for quitting. ;)
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Your typical religious nut is always quick with the excuses and slow on the uptake.
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Indeed they are. :no:
:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you read the Old Testament? The morals of the God of the old testament do not mesh with the agreed upon values that we as a modern society hold dear. That is how we can and should judge the morality of God.

That is why I have always found the argument about the existence of god - whether he does or doesn't exist - to be an irrelevant one. The bigger question is, is he a God that is worth worshiping? Modern democratic societies have fought diligently to do away with totalitarian regimes ruled by dictators who demand absolutel obedience while waving an iron fist. I would no sooner follow a celestial dictator than I would a terrestrial one.
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I created a God. :bucktooth:
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:iconinternetjesus::iconsaysplz: Is he anyone I know?
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You know it. :iconyougotmeplz:
:icondavidskylines:
DavidSkylines Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Your fundemental mistake is the arrogance in assuming you are correct when you assert "God" created man. A) which "God" created man? Thor? Zeus? or are you arrogantly claiming that your judeo-christian god, out of all the other gods mand kind has invented, is the "True" god. and b) it doesnt really matter what your answer to A is, because they're all wrong.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Neither Thor nor Zeus created man according to their respective mythologies.
:icondavidskylines:
DavidSkylines Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
I wasnt speaking exclusively about the creation myth. The point I was making is that, through out history, there have been numerous gods attributed to things humans didn't understand at the time which are now defunkt. To assume the Judeo christian god is true is purely arrogance and since we now know we evolved, surely he now no longer has a purpose?
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I got your point, but Prometheus and Odin, Vili, and Ve would have been more the thing.

I think most atheists don't understand that "arrogance" will not be a critique that any believer in any religion will often take to heart. They don't see themselves as insisting that THEY are right and everyone else is wrong. Not to say there are none like that, but I don't think that's most of them. For most of them, they see themselves as *humble*, and obedient to a tradition that in many cases actually imposes ideas to them they might not agree with otherwise.

And those who really *are* arrogant won't hear it.
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
God was created by man as something for people to look up to in this world.
invisibleraptor Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Then what created man?
Evolution.
:thumbsup:
Thank you :meow:
No problem! :hug:
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
God is all knowing.
God is all powerful.
God created the people before Noah knowing they would turn wicked and he would have to annihilate them.
God created the first humans knowing he would have to destroy them, why would he create humans just to destroy them?
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
For the same reason you create a lovely dish of steak and patatoes just to destroy it.
:iconthelightswentoutin99:
TheLightsWentOutIn99 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Writer
God needs death to survive?
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
No because we could get by on bread and water. The gourmet steak and sauté patatoes are fine dining. God needs death for pleasure.

You realise that I am joking, right?
:iconthelightswentoutin99:
TheLightsWentOutIn99 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Writer
Ah, yes, God could get by just severing random limbs and otherwise maiming people then.

And yes, I know you're joking.
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well, yes, but he also likes to be able to mock people afterwards. His own rules in this game don`t allow him that, unless he kills them. Plus, you know, Hell.
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
More like breeding a lamb just to sacrifice it.
:iconequiliari:
Equiliari Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
"I have never seen a painting yell to the painter "You are a bad painter!!!"."

And if you did, you should lay off the psychadelic drugs. Its a painting, the reason you have not heard a painting say anything is because paintings cannot talk. If paintings could talk, and someone made a crappy painting, the painting would say that the painter sucked.

"The created, (who are themselves immoral) cannot tell the creator "You are immoral!"."

Yes they can.

"If you do think this way, please explain."

Being immoral does not make it impossible to point out immorality.
:iconalexnostahp:
AlexNoStahp Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If it's someone who believes in god saying that he is immoral, then yes your comparison is somewhat accurate i guess. But for someone who does not believe in god, saying that the concept of god is immoral is even more accurate in my opinion :)
invisibleraptor Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have any of you even read the Bible all the way through? Or did you guys skip the important parts that EXPLAIN why He does what He does, and go straight for the parts where God judges people?
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional General Artist
I for one read all of it. Even for a work of fiction he's one hell of an asshole.
:iconi-stamp:
i-stamp Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I have read it all the way through, multiple times, and I still have qualms about lots of the supposedly moral choices God makes.
I don't see how, for example, it's just to execute the first born of Egypt to make a point to one man. Especially when God could have used phenomenal cosmic powers (:icongenieplz:) to teleport the Israelites to safety at any moment, no execution of innocent uninvolved people required.
Add a Comment: