Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 165

Would you eat artificial meat?

:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student General Artist
So science is getting pretty close to being able to grow artificial meat, made without harming any animals. When and if this becomes readily available to a consumer market, would you eat it, and this includes vegetarians and vegans, even if you still don't eat meat regularly would you eat this once in a blue moon?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional Writer
there are studies now where people are using people as the mass testing subjects. they are using cloned meat and veggies and people aren't telling the difference with it. I can't find any sources because it's been hushed rather quickly, but I can remember reading in science magazines where they are slipping in cloned food at stores in certain areas/locations as real food and no one is able to tell the difference. same with cooking cloned meat vs real meat.

wit that stated, I would, if it tastes the same I would. save the animals and save the plant, also save the location to put farms, since land is scarce these days due to over population.
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think I will eat it. Reducing killing animals :D
:iconfoxdog77:
foxdog77 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
The real question is whether we'll have a choice in the matter a few years down the line?

With a population growing exponentially, one day we'll need the land that is currently being used for farming to house people. Without farmland where will we get enough food to feed the human race. Not to mention that if the ocean levels rise, that will already take up a huge chunk of living space.

Artificial meat might be the future :shrug:

And hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional General Artist
No. I would not.
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Doesn't that already exist? You know, like when it's made of dairy and grains in stead of meat but it still tastes like chicken?
:iconequiliari:
Equiliari Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Yes I would.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Depends on the resources needed to produce it.
:iconsweetnspooky:
SweetNspooky Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
NO. BECAUSE. ITS. FUCKING. WEIRD.
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student
No. I haven't eaten meat in years, and I have no desire to.
Lab grown meat is an awesome idea, and I'd love to see it on the market. But I think I'd still be grossed out about eating meat, and I've heard it makes you sick if you haven't eaten it in a long time. I might not avoid it as strictly as I do regular meat, but I wouldn't intentionally eat it.
:iconcaptainfantasy:
CaptainFantasy Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Yeah. Why not? As long as it's safe to eat and pretty much tastes like it came from an animal, I'm all for it.
Add a Comment: