Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

One thing that I never understood about God...

:iconpokecat:
pokecat Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If there is one God, why dose he/she need to be gendered?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
It's a simplification, really. God doesn't have a body so how to tell what gender He is?
:iconchocolategrr:
chocolategrr Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student General Artist
Beats me. Maybe thats why there's so many sexist people in the middle east of Asia?
:icontimehasanend:
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist
God is neither he or she. Remember, when Mosses asked Him...Who art thou? God says, "I am that I Am. I am the God of Abraham, Jacob and Isaac. I am the Beginning and the Ending, I Am the Alpha and the Omega.
:iconjibjab910:
jibjab910 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And white.
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
... And American.
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Personally I believe there are two sides of God, a male and female, but in actual "gender" God is genderless as God would not reproduce and not need a gender.
I think its a personal preference though. Everyone has their own beliefs and no two are exactly alike.
:iconmrekul:
MrEkul Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Ancient scripts and whatnot assign a gender to God to make it easier to understand from a human perspective. It's relatable. I dunno, thats just the first thing I thought of.
:iconladyzelda1:
LadyZelda1 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
That is most likely correct. But God has no body or form , being a spiritual being. Can you assign gender to a puff of smoke or an ocean breeze? Since God is considered eternal He doesn't need to reproduce so needs no gender. He just created genders in order to make procreating more interesting and fun.
:iconmrekul:
MrEkul Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
True. Giving God a gender is just a cultural thing. No one will really argue that God is a male or female, because it's an irrelevant point.
Add a Comment: