Do you have any questions regarding Islam?

AlSalamu Alaykum everyone or should I say Hello,

I'm a Muslim girl that is ready to answer any question concerning the religion of Islam. Hopefully I will answer all questions that follow the rules bellow:
- No bad language, for I will respect you which means you should too.
- No hating.
- No teasing any religion whether Islam or any other religion.
That's all I hope that we can get along and that you will understand my answers if not please note what you did not understand. Please keep in mind that I might have not much knowledge relating your question but I will try my best to answer. Please do not push me, Thank you .
Comments146
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There's a really big argument here- [link] I don't know, I just like watching and maybe you can join in too or something. I don't know; just a thought.
There is no God, only mental illness. Was your Prophet mad or just insane?
how much do you know about sufism?

have you studied other religions to some depth? especially religions besides abrahamic religions?

peace
Good evening, friend.
To put my questions into perspective, I am an agnostic that is studing religion and philosophy at the university level, with a focus and love of Christian counter-apologetics (arguments for and against the existance of God from the standpoint of logic).

Coming from an Australian town comprised almost entirely of white Australian Christians and Atheists, I'd never even met someone of the Islamic faith until I moved towns to go to University. When I encountered their faith, I was unable to consider it and it's basic practices, and since you still appear to be answering questions, I'd be honoured to have a few of mine answered.

1. What does the Koran say in regards to other religions or faiths, and does it mention anything in regards to the non-religious? In other words, in the event that I died, what fate would await me in your eyes?
2. Does the Koran have a simply stated set of moral values? The Christian Bible has it's 'ten commandments', amongst other motifs like 'loving your neighbour as yourself'.
3. A Christian would normally view their God as an all good, all powerful being. What view do you (or a mainstream Muslim) hold of their God?
4. What is the significance of the prophet Muhammad? Unlike Christian prophets, whom were normally treated more as messengers, he seems to hold a place of extreme significance. What is his role, and why is he 'worshipped' in the manner he is?

I apologise in advance for the relations to Christianity. If you cannot answer them in that manner, that's ok. I would merely find it easier to understand if the answer was posed in relation to something I'm familiar with.

Thank you for your time, friend.
Assalamualaykum sister!

I am glad you are doing this, just like me!

I have no questions to ask, BUT, if YOU have some questions about Islam for me to answer, I will be happy to respond! =D
One question that I have after watching a programme on a British Muslim mum and dad murdering their daughter because she would not do as they told and they brought dishonour to their family.
Why do they think that murder is more honourable than dishonour by a female child not obeying them? I hope this is not something that is upheld by any muslim court.
Honor Killings were present before Islam came into this world.

It is a cultural practice that happens in the Middle East, but over the period of time, those generations of people have turned from Pagan ancestry to Islamic ancestry, they still haven't abandoned that immoral practice.

So logically speaking, 'honor killing' has nothing to do with Islam, it is a cultural practice.
Thanks for making that clear :-)
Is it true that many muslims still believe that their holy book is flawless?
AlSalamu Alaykum,

Yes all Muslims believe and know that the Koran is flawless :). If you read the Koran in English there might be a little misunderstanding. Try to read it in Arabic and you will be surprised in what you will find.

If you believe that the Holy Koran is truly corrupted or in other words has mistakes and that the maker was none other than a human being like you and I then consider it this way:
No author in the world has the audacity and the guts to write a book and say that this book is flawless in fact what's really amazing about the Holy book of Koran is that Allah almighty challenges us both Muslims and non Muslims to find one flaw in the Koran:

82. Do they not then consider the Qur'an carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions.

Allah Subhanah wa ta'ala challenges human kind in many things like making one ayah like the ones in the Koran:

"...And if ye are in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto Our slave (Muhammad), then produce a surah of the like thereof, and call your witness beside Allah if ye are truthful..."(2:23)
"Then let them bring an announcement like it...(52:34)."

"...Then bring a chapter like this...(10:38)."

"..Then bring ten forged chapters like it...(11:13)."

"... They could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others (17:88)."

Friend if you accept the challenge of The Holy Koran. However be wise and try to read it in the Arabic language because you will certainly misunderstand some parts because the Koran is filled with metaphors that can only be understood in the Arabic language like:
“And, out of kindness, lower to them (your parents) the wing of humility …”.
Obviously, humility does not have a wing to lower. But from the context we understand: be kind to your parents, etc.

Note that Allah has invited both Muslims and non-Muslims to find a single mistake in the Koran. Many sheikhs who are Muslims themselves have tried and eventually failed to find a single flaw.
Good luck.

Thank you.
Wow, so aggressive already? Lol

'“And, out of kindness, lower to them (your parents) the wing of humility …”.
Obviously, humility does not have a wing to lower. But from the context we understand: be kind to your parents, etc.'
That one is actually pretty simple (and not well used), and metaphors are not hard to understand, believe me.

It's surprising that people are ready to defend such book with that amount of vigor. I mean, it's one of the poorest examples of literacy, from the technical point of view no better than Mein Kampf (which is often used as an example of how not to write a book)

Ok then.

1. In qu'ran it is said that Alexander The Great is a muslim, whereas he lived 900 years before islam was born, educated in polytheistic culture and abused his religion using it for politics.
The Qur'an never mentions Alexander the Great, the Qur'an mentions Cyrus the Great.

---

Second, you can't judge the Qur'an by reading an English metaphorical translation when the original text is Arabic.

-

Also, I think it is a perfect personified statement by God, 'Lower the wing of humility'.

Very beautiful.
1. It's Alexander. Plus, even if there was Cyrus called muslim, it would be even WORSE, since he lived EARLIER than Alexander. The mistake is even greater,

2. It's not about translation, you can't change the name of a person in translation and get away with that, it's in the original as well.

3. 'Also, I think it is a perfect personified statement by God, 'Lower the wing of humility'.' In this case, lowering the wing meaning screwing up the book? Not knowing basic historical facts?
1. If it is Alexander, provide the evidence.

2. There is no Alexander name mentioned within the Arabic of the Holy Qur'an. If there is, provide the evidence.

3. That makes absolutely no sense, to be honest.

I'll await your response.
1. I don't feel like searching right now, but you said it was Cyrus. If so, the argument remains valid. It's still a person who is called a muslim about 900 years BEFORE islam was born. Only someone with lack of basic knowledge of history could make such a mistake.

2. As above.

3. Why not? You said that mistakes in qur'an are 'lowering the wing of humility' (if not, what would it be? This statement would be totally irrelevant to the case). That, on the other hand didn't make sense to me, especially when you wanted to prove that there are NO mistakes.
View all replies
Hi ~Threadmeopen. My question is: what kind of Islam do you practice? And how do you look at Sufi's?
Hello,

Well I'm Sunni :)

Sorry never heard of them could you tell me a little about Sufis it might be familiar with me in Arabic.

Thank you
You might want to read wikipedia: [link].

All I wanted to know what kind of direction in Islam you take. It isn't really important, but I was curious... So know I know.
Oh sorry about that, hope it was useful though :)

Thanks for the information about Sufism and Sufis
You stated earlier in a response that "it is a duty of Muslims to help other especially non-Muslims so they can get a better picture of us, the true picture of Muslims."

Why do you believe that the picture you wish to paint of Muslims is any more correct than the hard-line extremists? I often see people who claim that their interpretation of religion as the "true picture" as you said. This is true for all religions as far as I can tell, 'this' version is the true form and all others are simply misinterpreting things. I would simply like to hear your justification for stating that your picture is any more true than the ones that extremists portray.
The laws of Islam are based primarily off the Holy Qur'an, then the Sunnah and the Ahadith. (Sayings and doings of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)).

Now let us compare the moderate normal Muslims to that of the 'extremists'.

Now there are many different TYPES of 'extremists' so you have to be more specific on this.

But continuing on, I am assuming you are talking about the violent ones, who try to justify their acts of killing innocent civilians for the sake of propagating their religion.

Well this is how we can tell who is right and who is wrong.

Pick up the Qur'an...find ONE verse where it justifies killing innocent people for the propagation of your faith -IN THE PROPER context-.

Don't just choose a random verse in a middle of a chapter, you must read before and after the verses to understand what the Qur'an is talking about. MANY people simply just pick and choose verses in the middle to justify whatever they are trying to, but we easily refute their false claims when we tell them to read in context.

The result is either them accepting their mistakes, or they remain among the ignorant and denying the truth.

---

The simple way to find the truth is to open and start reading from the actual source itself and see what it says.

If two people are in an argument over how to properly drive a car, why don't we see what the CAR MANUAL has to say?

THEN we can judge WHICH of the two people are CLOSER to the truth than the other...
A well justified and thoughtful stance. The problem is that I cannot read Arabic. I could get the English versions, there are a few good ones, but from what I understand the only way to actually read the Qur'an is in its original Arabic text. I have also heard that, like Jewish scholars do with the Talmud, Islamic scholars of the Qur'an have many different versions of what the verses say or mean. Despite being an antitheist I have no problem with people having religious beliefs as long as they make no attempt to deny anyone else their basic human rights. Atheists, theists, spiritualists, we're all people. I would prefer to say that the ones who are closer to the truth are the ones who are willing to accept that humanity must come before their personal belief system or lack thereof.

Live, let live.
There are Qur'ans with commentary, if you are interested.

On every page, there are detailed commentaries by intelligent people that talk about what the English verses mean.

Of course, no translation will ever be a true representation of the original Arabic. But let that be a sign, that the Qur'an, a book compiled 1400 years ago, has still retained it's original Arabic text, and every Qur'an in the world has the exact same Arabic text as another.

There are many different types of translations, and a LOT of them are not that good at all.

If you need to look for a good translation, use this. [link]

Just click on a chapter (Surah) and start reading. =)

If questions, just ask. ^.^