Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 170

What "good" is good enough for God

:iconjjwsmith:
JJWsmith Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I believe all a person needs to do to get into heaven is be good and do good things what do you think

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Westbro Baptist Church will tell you.
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Its all about what you believe bro. If thats what you think then go for it and hope thats the truth.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012   Digital Artist
If that's where you want to end up, go for it man. Being alive forever is totally overrated.
:iconoh-cherie-cherie:
Oh-Cherie-Cherie Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student General Artist
I believe that I don't know about heaven, but it's cool to be a good person just because, you know? Just for this life
:iconmangaotakuchan:
Mangaotakuchan Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
True that
:iconjarringx:
jarringx Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student General Artist
God is omnibenevolent
The only expectations(omniscience) he has are the consequences of nature
Intentions are what is important
They come prior to content
Knowledge is but a fleeting moment in nature.
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Hoo, boy. That is an ornery bull to tackle right there. It certainly is a pleasing thought to imagine that segregation in the afterlife is as simple as good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell. I know that the Jesus Fan Club will likely tell you that entrance to heaven is not achieved though works, but through unwavering faith. Meaning that being a good or a bad person in life is not nearly as important as just believing in what the Bible says. Because, to the Christian God, we are all little shit stains who will never be good enough for him because we are all just born evil. But due to some convoluted loop-hole, if you believe that Jesus was real and you are super grateful about it, then you get to go to heaven.

Basically, according to Christianity, the racist sexist bigot who believes in Jesus Christ will go to heaven while a non-Christian who is a super nice guy and devoted his life to helping others will burn in hell. That being said, you can go ahead and create your own religion where the result on a good or bad meter determines your afterlife if it'll make you feel any better.
Mangaotakuchan Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Personally I think that people are judged based on their actions and not on their beliefs. So the "racist sexist bigots" would actually be going to hell because even though they believed in God, they were total douche bags in their life time. On the other hand, the "super nice guys" would go to heaven because even though they didn't believe in God, they did a ton of good deeds. That's what I believe.
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Well, then. You may as well start a new religion that makes those promises, because that's not what the Bible teaches.
Mangaotakuchan Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm not about to start a cult based on what I believe. Other people can do that stuff, but I'm too lazy and the entire thing is pretty useless and self-defeating. I'll just believe what I believe and let other people worry about what other people think. If you don't like it, then I'm sorry for sharing it, but I'm entitled to my opinion.
Add a Comment: