Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 706

My Dad Wants To Know An Answer About Something.

:iconaloysia42:
Aloysia42 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
okay, please don't give me hate, nor my dad hate about this. This is based on his religious beliefs, so that is why he'd ask this question. He wants me to ask: Why are gays gay, when the bible clearly says that being gay is wrong, and they will go to hell? I have nothing against gays, I love everyone equally, and I don't exactly share my dad's thoughts on gays.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The same reason some people are born white and stay white.
Or some people have black hair and stay with black hair.
They are born that way and they have no choice.

Honestly, why would anyone CHOOSE to be gay?
They are outcasted, thrown from their homes, shunned, and SO many people are always telling them they'll go to hell and they are wrong and all these things.
They are beaten, cursed at, and many killed.
Who the heck would WANT all that?
Aloysia42 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
No one would.
:icongoldacorn:
goldacorn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
this kind of thing tends to be a touchy subject, and is best answered indirectly with more questions. this is because any part of the bible can be used to "prove" any part of the bible wrong, and because so many translations exist. the big question here being why should you or your father wish to follow the bible word for word on this one particular thing?

would you be willing to have sex with your father? odds are no, at least I'd hope lol. but what happened with lot and his kids? would your father order the death of your brother if he saw him naked? again no but its in there. do you wear more than one type of fabric at a time? odds are yes and according to the good book thats bad, says so in the same chapter as the big go-to anti gay reference. should women be forced to stay outside the community while on their period? should blind people be forbidden to go to church? should farmers be forbidden from raising more than one type of crop in a field? should people who have negative dreams concerning god be put to death? should we kill anyone who even suggests worshipping another god? I can give sources for where each of these is in the bible if you like.

so, why out of all of these (and a great many more I assure you) is being gay the only one that is questioned with any seriousness?
Aloysia42 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I don't know, that's the thing he dwells on the most. :shrug:
:icongoldacorn:
goldacorn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I would ask him, its a valid question.
:iconborogovelm:
BorogoveLM Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
The bible says that god is loving. The part about hell is test of faith: it's not real.
Aloysia42 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:lol:
:iconmodernevampiressa:
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
BECAUSE YOUR SEXUAL PREFERENCE IS IMPRINTED AT BIRTH.

It's been proven by science. Besides which, not everyone is a fuckmothering christian. Get the nine hells over it.
:iconthepeanutbutterfly:
ThePeanutButterfly Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
The Bible also says "love your neighbour", meaning be kind to and love everyone. You'll find the Bible contradicts itself a lot, and it's because it isn't a dictator that states exactly how to live your life, and what to think. It's merely guidance, people can choose what to believe and what to live their life by.
Obviously, many gays, (as well as many others) do not read/go by the Bible, because they have a different or no religion. They don't want to be "ruled" by something they don't even believe to be true.
Also, it's not as simple as "choosing" to be gay or not. Just as one can't control/alter one's personality, one can't control/alter their sexual orientation. Some people, who are ashamed of it or don't think it's right, try to change it or hide it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a part of them.
Many people don't believe "Hell" or any of that sort exists, and even among Christians, its existence is so controversial (is it an actual place? A state of being? A frame of mind?) that it's impossible to answer your second question.
I say, don't concentrate on details like this: celebrate individuality, let everybody shine! It doesn't matter if they are a man or a woman; if a person is capable of loving, that's a wonderful thing, and nothing else matters.
Aloysia42 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
indeed it is.
Add a Comment: