A thought about Mormons

A thought about Mormons... have any of you who grew up in Mormon families absolutely refused to go on the Mormon mission thing and just told everyone to fuck off?
Comments38
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
YES!!!! they were nice people but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i dont want to do that shit. that and i didnt share their belifes
All my neighbors are moron. They are an interesting bunch, very friendly. They are much easier to get along with then elderly christians.
What are they like?:iconrlyplz:
I never met one
kinda strange sometimes but they mean well lol
Do they really eat honey with salt/cheese? That's what I heard.
From what they told me, the "special underware" thing is real, and the family across the street from me just built some kind of a bomb-shelter.

They said they were preparing for Armageddon/Mormageddon

Never a dull moment with these guys, but what do I know? lol
that is a little weird:o

They must be fun from the outside tho:giggle:
So do they actually believe 2012?
well their last doomsday prophesy was in 1891 (which was a fail) so I guess they came up with a new one, I dont think its 2012 though
View all replies
I didn't serve a mission and wasn't given grief or anything.
Cool. Hope it helps :nod:
Thought those missions were only to get off of the draft?
No, apparently, if you are a Mormon, you have to spend two years biking all over the place in a suit and tie, often in the middle of summer.
Or in the middle of winter, hehe. I've heard from some who came back from missions in England that walking outside in the winter can be awfully cold XD.
I bloody well hope so. :stare:
I never hear about that, it's always people in their 30s 40s 50s.
An RN who used to provide home care for my son was raised Mormon. As a woman she was not expected to do the mission thing, and I don't think she did, but she got out of Mormonism shortly after starting to live on her own. I never got the details of how it went down, but she considered Mormonism a cult and was glad to be out. She is now a committed Evangelical Christian.
Out of the frying pan and into the fire....
There are Evangelicals -- and then there are Evangelicals. It's not quite correct to judge them all the same. She was fairly relaxed about it.
It's still religion. :no:
Nope. I wish to go on one soon =).
I like how everyone ignored your comment. Lol
Yeah, that's the way it is. Still, that's life, I guess =).