Predestination

It doesn't matter what you do on earth as long as your soul is safe with God, that's predestination.

Do I paint too blacker a picture of predestination? What do you think?
Comments46
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't think you have made too grim of an assessment. It is basically saying that what you do doesn't matter, because you are already saved or damned as it is.
Predestination is more like Darth Vader throwing the Emperor into the great abyss on the Death Star.
fate and destiny are often confused which bring up strange ideas like predestination to allow people who have no knowledge on the subject to have a jaded, yet, concrete clue of the idea.

Fate would be the better word to use in this scenario.

Imagine balancing a ruler in the middle horizontally

the ruler is literally everything. the beginning, the ending, you, me, and everything in-between.

The ruler is fate.

Destiny is where your hand is, it is right now.

Now is all that matters

However, fate can be thrown askew, convicted, or imagined.

Now, you ask about pre-destiny? Sounds lifeless, still, in the dark...demons

[link]
Death comes to us all.
eternity is the mark i make
Eternity is a long way off.
it's still here, as well as there, before, and without.
Yes, but it is immaterial.
material is* a blank sheet
sorry
i suppose
but the way i see it, material as a blank sheet of paper that hasn't been written on...
...where was i going with this
oh, you labeled eternity as immaterial.
sure, it may not be as concrete as you like to think
but i think it can be ;)
"Nothing is written!"
Zappa. Excellent avatar.
Thanks for noticing! Also, the quote is from "Lawrence of Arabia".
Predestination means whatever you chose to do, it was already determined that you would do that. That means you have no free will. God knows what you are going to do, because he is omnicious. But still it was your choice.
Then God would be guilt of sin?
Why blame God? Blame yourself. Just, because God is all knowing past and future, that doesn't make him guilty for what you did.
Then why are we guilty of first sin?

How I've always seen it is that if God knows everything and everything is under "his" design then nothing we do matters as are choices are not are own. So why are we punished for something we have no control over?
Because, God didn't create you as a robot, whose lack of capacity for human emotions. Instead, He created you as a human being so that you can have a free will to choose...whether if it's good or evil.

The question wasn't why there is free will but why must God punish us for expressing it?
Because He knows the future that makes Him guilty of sin? How did you come up with that burst of brilliance?
Because then everything is within "his" power to prevent or else by "his" design, then we never had any say in the matter.
God created everything perfectly and everything He does is perfect, but if choose evil, then there's consenquences that you will fall. Like, Adam and Eve, they were created perfectly. Unfortunately, they choose Satan instead of God.
Point being why is there evil if everything was created "perfect"?
You always have a say, good or bad. He judges you by your intentions.