The Golden Rule

The general meaning of the Golden Rule is okay. But if you want my silence, you will have to deliver me something for it.

Is there anything I am overlooking?
Comments76
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i made a little addition to the golden rule myself

if someone treats you wrongly, would you return the favor by doing the same to them? Or throw them a bone and show them how you would treat yourself?

takes patience

the only thing you can ever theoretically own is knowledge

it should be obvious that you would retain powerful knowledge within arm's reach.

conceiving knowledge is another story.
Yep. It's called natural selection, if you're going to be a fucking idiot then be prepared to face the consequences.
It's flawed, which I had a 2nd grader point out to me at work. He punched another kid, and I told him to remember the golden rule, and he's like I did, he hit me first, so I hot him back, so obviously he wants to be hit. I couldn't really argue with that.
Your case of the second grader proves the rule correct.
I'm sorry but... What is the Golden Rule?
Basically, treat others as you would like to be treated.
I didn't overlook a thing - assholes will be assholes.
Stop whining, you little cocksucker.
I know that I'm an asshole, do you know that you are?
No, I'm trying really hard to be nice to people, because I am in such dire need of their approval. That's why I never say anything hurtful or controversial. :lol:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Say the people who realize they lack the savvy to detect it. :petting:
All it takes is a cynic and a handful of idiots.
View all replies
You are overlooking the fact that you post dozens of threads that don't seem to promote any discussion.
What are we having right now, asshole?
You're having a conversation about the lack of discussion your OP promotes, not a conversation started by your OP's intents :lol:
I have a feeling they won't like my response :meow:
I kinda loved it:)
They don't like anyone's responses.

Have you seen their other thread, whining about how people who are ignorant of the forum rules shouldn't be penalized, but judged by their strength of character instead -as if you could measure such a thing online. And how all forms of authority actually exist to oppress and brainwash us, including the mods on this site, who I am pretty sure are volunteers?
Yeah, I think I started reading that in Complaints and then realized it was too stupid of a thread to read entirely. I got out of there fast :stare:
You know me, I send everyone a personality test before locking threads :P And yeah, ^ = volunteer.
View all replies