Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

What do you think happens when you die?

:iconmichaelthepure:
MichaelthePure Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
In all curiousity, most people will say nothing, go to heaven or hell, or become a ghost.
But is there anything else after death?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
I die and then, from my subjective point of view, nothing. As a Buddhist though I do believe the flame of life that burns in me shall pass on -- for such is the cycle of life.
:iconiokothepanda:
IokoThePanda Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I even donīt know if there is something after the death,
but mayby itīs good, that we donīt know that...

I think, there is a live after die.
I belive in heaven, and I belive on having another live after dead.
I think, Iīm on earth, becouse I have to do something, after doing that, Iīm going to die.
Then, I think, I will weak up in heaven and one time... there is another live, with another exercise for me...
:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I believe that we just become one with the universe and with God. I don't believe hell exists unless you do things to create your own "hell" on earth. Whatever we believe will happen...that's what will happen (to me, anyway).
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Whatever lies after death, I don't live by.
:iconkaikaku:
kaikaku Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Death is the undoing of the self. There is literally nothing after that. That's what I think is most likely.

And yeah I hope I'm wrong.
:iconcercan:
Cercan Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I don't know.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You float up to heaven and become beautiful. Just kidding. Death is permanent.
:iconultimateridley:
UltimateRidley Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, I know what happens when you die.

Your body shuts down, with your brain being the last organ (unless the cause of death is linked to severe brain damage) to go, slowly shutting off every single process your body went through when it was alive. Don't worry, you usually don't feel that because technically, you are already dead.

Blood stops flowing because your heart stops. Your body evacuates any waste it had built up (urine and feces included).

After about half an hour, rigor mortis kicks in, and having someone else close your eyes takes a level in extreme difficulty. This also stops you from being completely dead weight, becoming the stiff zombie-like posture we all recognize, minus the arms hanging outward (...usually).

When all is said and done and assuming you weren't cremated or moved to a completely sterile environment immediately after death, you will rot away slowly as food for the worms, fungi and flies. All that will be left in the end is your skeleton.

As for what happens after you die, as in concerning your consciousness and "soul" of sorts, hell if I know.
:iconeldingagunman:
EldingaGunman Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
It depends on where you are heading. The way I see it, the only finite thing about Death is that you cannot come back to Life through the same doorway you used to leave. :shrug: Where exactly I'll end up is a good question that I, for now, will leave for my dying moment. But I don't think that Death will stop me from moving On once I've gone and kicked the bucket. I think more of it as an intersection that you're bound to reach eventually.
:icont4pew0rm:
T4pew0rm Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
This has happened to me in several dreams before.

I think that death is a lot like falling asleep, a peaceful sleep, no matter how you die. Because when you're in pain and dying, once you die, you're relieved of that pain. At first there's nothing, but you wake up in another life with no recollection of the one you just lived.
Add a Comment: