Polytheists

I believe in the Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt. This thread is not to judge people >:(
Comments59
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Please read the Forum Posting Guidelines before posting as this does not encourage discussion and should be in your journal. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
Tip: restart thread in a way that encourages polytheists to discuss their many varying gods or restart thread in a way that encourages discussion about Egyptian gods or reconstructed religions. Or, put in journal, link to in signature. :lock:
I always liked Egyptian. It tends to sometimes sneak into my artwork. I like Seth/Set , Anubis, and Bastet.
I'm judging you right now.
Have fun sweetie.
Comment Flagged as Spam
No, I have not.
Comment Flagged as Spam
No. I sorta want to, but do not have a lot of time on my hands 'cause I am usually either at school or doing something else.
Comment Flagged as Spam
Most likely. At least somewhere at the beginning of my family-tree.
Comment Flagged as Spam
Most of the Greek Gods and Goddesses are similar to the Egyptian's.
So, I suppose I do.
Hehe Egyptian gods are fun. They're way more interactive than many others, they want you to be a friend as opposed to a servant. Anubis was the first god to appear to me, and the reason I stopped trying to be Christian.

I love Eris, too. She's so much fun. If you don't mind your life being utter chaos ;)

Though I don't really see them as gods in the sense that they made the universe, more like creatures that live in it above/outside our normal range of perception. They are still quite powerful and can influence things we can't.
~Nodnod~ They are quite fun.

As for Anubis appearing to you, he is very powerful, but also very kind.

And your point of view: My mother and grandmother have that point of view as well.

See! These three are nice to me! Why can you not be more like them?
lol I dunno, I suppose some religions see them as demons trying to corrupt your soul, science sees hallucinations/overactive imagination.

Whenever I see someone fighting or putting down someone elses religious views or beliefs the first thing that I think is that THEY are unsure of their own faith, and feel you are somehow challenging it.
See, you make sense
I used to lecture at the local Pagan Student Association. It was always interesting when we got surrounded by the local Christian groups.
I would say so.
Kind of sounds like you're bored and you just want to believe in Egyptian gods to make things more interesting

Relating to the subject, Anubis is my favorite Egyptian god. He's pretty awesome
Anubis is another one of my favorites too.

As for your other comment, no I really do believe in the Egyptian Gods. I have for 3 years now.
What led you to the belief