Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 40

What do you know of Demons/Fallen Angels?

:iconswxrdz:
SwxrdZ Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
According to the religion/peace creed you serve, are there any descriptive stories about the history of other demon's/fallen angels aside from Lucifer? Are there any traits in your religion that may be familiar to another over a particular demon?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjarringx:
jarringx Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Demons were all once angels...
...brought from the grave when the living perceive the time is still.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The Christian Satan and the Buddhist Maya are very similar.
:iconmattyohh:
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
We are on the Internet. You could always just google it?
SwxrdZ Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
We are in the religion forums.
:iconbenji-0:
benji-0 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I find it interesting enough as a mythology (refering to it as such has really pissed of a few of the more...militant Christians I've talked to though.).
Yeah, I see it in the same light. the embodiment of the evil they represent is interesting to say the least.
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The things I know 'bout angels, fallen angels and demons, I learned it all from Supernatural!
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Lucifer's a Roman light-god, not a fallen angel :|
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Nice find. Thanks a ton!
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Photographer
According to my brain and how it perceives the world around it, such things do not exist.
good for you
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Photographer
good for everybody :)
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
If they're fallen angels, does that mean they fell? Did they break? :o
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Lord. They aren't made by APPLE. :iconmingplz:
They didn't eat one either...
According to Mark Twain's last book they did. :P
I dont know
:iconslowpokeplz:
:iconlaemperatrizmariana:
LaEmperatrizMariana Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Of course they broke. That's why they're all so angsty. :no:
:iconwikidtron:
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Artist
I serve my own morality as a peace creed.

I see demons in all beings. (Angels too, of course). Some are more overtaken than others. Demonic presence, as far as I can tell, does not fully embody a single living entity; rather, it is a force which inhabits us all to some degree or another.

Some are so in touch with their demons that they are able to banish them and force them to submit to the quietest recesses of their minds. Others are so in love with their own demonic presence that they allow it to overtake them and drag them into a black hole from which it is increasingly difficult to return from.

In all beings, it seems to be a constant battle.

When the battle ends, I believe life as we know it will cease to exist... but I could be wrong. It's possible that the battle could be "won" and life could exist in "Eden," or lost and we could exist in "Hell."

However, the existence of such worlds seems, to me, the absurd things of fairy tales.
I understand if you don't believe them. I just think the history of these demons are interesting but I haven't a good place to learn about them asaide from trying to translate the symbolism inside a Holy tome
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Artist
Try real life experience. I didn't say anything about not believing in the concept of demons, just that my way of seeing it is different. Then again, I believe a lot of things, and I may have just a touch of schizophrenia, so... take my wisdom as you will.
I know a few. Tedious. Impossible to get them in bondage gear. They were all like "I will not submit." Preposterous.
Its cool when Athiests come by to talk, but I want to know more about these demon and Djinn that apparently existed. If you don't know anything go find soe history or lore and come back.
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
there is no difference between a demon and a djinn. cin is the arabic word for demon, nothing else. the devil is from the djinns but not all djinns are devils. humans can be devil too.
They could????*writes down
oh also theyre made of smokeless fire.
lol are you serious? that sounds bad ass. I'm going to order up some books about these beings because I;m always blessed with something new
i had heard of a half demon friend from a friend of mine. dont ponder these things too much. a demon is same as a human. they are afraid of\affected by us the same way we are afraid of\affected by them
You could always read what people write about them though. Reading more constructs people formulate gives a better idea of what various hypothetical qualities might be.
What's there you think you can know in detail about things which are by definition beyond the scope of human understanding? All human systems to explain them are human hypothetical constructs to try to understand in human terms something which does not exist in human terms.
If you can't provide anything about religious demons, fallen angels, or any other outworldy being a religion describes, then this thread is not for you
I know plenty about all of them in fact. You haven't asked any specific questions, however.
I want to know the history of any demon/demons, may it be Legion, Abaddon, etc. If you have something, then your facts are are needed here. I need them.
Okay... I have books full of thousands of demon names. I can't pick one at random; You need to be specific about what you actually want.

Alternatively: all this shit is on wikipedia. But a bit basic. I know a few things which are hard to find.

In Revelation 9:1-11, Abaddon is described as a personified star who falls to Earth from heaven and is given the key to open the bottomless pit. Abaddon opens the pit, releasing a swarm of locusts.[5]

Abaddon is also described in the same passage as "The Destroyer",[6] the angel of the abyss,[6] and as the king of a plague of locusts resembling horses with crowned human faces, women's hair, lions' teeth, wings, iron breast-plates, and a tail with a scorpion's stinger that torments anybody that doesn't have the seal of God on their foreheads for five months

Legion are a group of demons referred to in the Christian Bible. The New Testament outlines an encounter where Jesus healed a man from Gadarenes possessed by demons while traveling, known as Exorcising the Gerasenes demonic.
Hey man thanks for the info. I definitely do appreciate this
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Djinn are different. They're like a second act of creation parallel to humanity in Islam.
h, I'm going to read up on that. thanks
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Artist
Really? I just got a text back from my favorite demon. He was really excited about the promise I made to tie him to my tattoo chair and put images of eyeballs and mouths on him while lots of people watch.

I also made him wait 6 months for it, though, so I think at this point I've teased him enough to get him to agree to just about anything.
Add a Comment: