Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 29

Moral or Inmoral: Human population control.

:iconpokecat:
pokecat Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Remember the blind guy who wanted another child in China, but had to flee to the US? Why, China had a one-child policy.

But is China moral right to enforce this law? I think so, they have few resorces to keep a huge population.

Should America and other countries adopt a simular policy?

More on the one-child policy here:[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpokecat:
pokecat Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Population control means not only by famly size, but by border control too.
There are options to this after all, we don't have to do everything the policy states.
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
in nature the cycle of life goes:
.prey thrives on vegetation
.more prey to eat, so the predetereats more
.more predeters, so less prey
.less prey, so predetor population goes down
.more vegetation because of less prey

and it goes on. populations naturally flux and waver.
:iconhopesick:
Hopesick Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Pretty much. There are far too many people who are convinced that once the human population reaches a certain point, the world will turn into Mad Max overnight. In reality, once our population reaches its upper limit, it'll more likely just stop growing and maybe shrink a little bit.

So population control is really unnecessary.
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012   Digital Artist
What comes into play here is necessity, not "moral rights".

Yes. Poorly-populated places shouldn't need it, but they can enforce the law if they want.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Photographer
well I do think population control, at some point, could be a possibility. the thought of what method would be used is a little scary, lol. whether or not it is moral or immoral...I have no idea. I suppose even if it were immoral, it still may be the right thing to do for overall good and survival of our species and our home.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think that if they do a one-child law, they should apply it equally to everyone - as it says that only 35% have the strict limit. It's also pretty retarded that some people can apply for a second child if they get a girl. Yeah, because a population of 100 males to every female is totally healthy. Maybe China's going to try to create a means for male-male reproduction just so they can remove their entire female population :roll:
I don't know, I feel like the good of the rest of the population kinda outweighs the right for choice in family size considering there is a high demand for resources.
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
No. we shouldn't have such laws. Education works wonders, with one child laws you get parents murdering a child and making it look like an accident because the child had the horrible audacity of being born with a disability or having a vagina!

The best way and despite what we would want to believe the way that's proven to work throughout the first world is education. Unwanted pregnancy rates keep going down and down because of a mix of education, easy access to birth control and when needed abortion. With these tool we can easily ensure the population stays stable but without trying to enforce massively dictative laws onto our countries.
:iconkenny-white-lion:
Kenny-White-Lion Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Question, are you willing to start on yourself for population control?
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
Time to pull out gurren lagann...
:icongashu-monsata:
Gashu-Monsata Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Nah. They just need to stop dishing out child benefits, in the UK at least. That'd slow down the birth rate :lol:
Add a Comment: