Your Favorite Quotes!

Hey Guys
You can post your favorite quotes here and tell us, how it helped you in special situations or why you like it!
The only Rule:
:bulletpurple: You can post more than one quote, but please write a separate comment for each quote!

For example:
"It's never too late to be who you might have been."
This is one of my favorite quotes because it happened so often in my life. I guess everyone wants to be someone different sometimes and I did this two times in my live and now I feel like I'm more like myself.

I'm looking forward to read your favorite quotes and some interesting stories!
Have Fun!
~Ryan
Comments131
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
And another:

"The world isn't rendered in black and white,
Other shades lie between.
Don't view the world with binary eyes,
We are Human, not Machine."

- "Binary", Assemblage 23
Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand.
— Baruch Spinoza

and [link]
A few really awesome ones here that I mightn't top off, but here's a nice one.

"Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life. Never spare yourself, and let the troops see that you don't in your endurance of fatigue and privation. Always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide."
- Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
maybe I am just a little fucked up
Maybe life's just a little fucked up.

Slim Shady (Eminem)

Just a silly quick lyric in a song designed to offend however if you think about it
it kind of explains itself we tend to assume people that act different to what we expect as a society are messed up/ crazy e.t.c

however maybe life's the crazy messed up thing maybe we aren't meant to all follow the same paths in life . maybe some of us are meant to stand out for good or bad.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

I like this one. It means if you are in a bad time, you probably wont get out of it unless you keep going.
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
- the Buddha.

While I exchanged my true pursuit of enlightment for my current relationship, Buddhism's got me through a plenty.
the quote from Marie Currie: nothing in life is to be feared. it is only to be understood. now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because you are what you pretend to be." -Kurt Vonnegut. I think it's pretty self explanitory.
Also, not to cheapen this great quote, but I could write a whole paper about this and it's expression in Mean Girls. :P

"Cruelty, like every other vice, requires no motive outside of itself; it only requires opportunity." -George Elliott
Why the human race sucks.

"It's the moral copout of the century to go out of your way not to filter anything based on moral content because of "free speech"." -Josh Blume This qute is actually direct from one of dA's own. Until I read this, I wasn't sure how to express my disgust for most people on the internet.
beautiful quotes! :)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"
-William Shakespeare
Well, that's just true! :)
Awesome quote!
Continuing with the wisdom and poetry of music:

"I will walk this ground forever
And stand guard against your name
I will give all I can offer
I will shoulder all the blame
I am sentry to you now
All your hopes and all your dreams
I will hold you to the light
That's what Forever means."

- "Forever", Bruderschaft
That's pretty nice :)
I like it!
"It takes courage to kill yourself, but sometimes, even more courage is needed to continue living."
Unfortunately, I forgot who wrote this. It's from Dutch writer, but I can't remember who...

"Now what else is the whole life of mortals, but a sort of comedy in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each ones part until the manager walks them off the stage?"
- Erasmus

"Children begin by loving their parents. As they grow older they judge them, sometimes they forgive them"
- Oscar Wilde
Because I have reached the stage where one starts to judge... No doubt I will forgive, though

"sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters"
-Stephen King

"Love all, trust a few, do harm to none"
-William Shakespeare
A wonderful motto in life. A good advice for those who DO harm others.

And last but definitely not least:
"Try not. Do, or do not."
-Yoda
I like them all! :)
Especially the first one! It's a great quote :)
'All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking. '
'Stupidity is a talent for misconception. '
'Nobody dies a virgin, because in the end, life fcks us all.'
Life F*cks us all..?! :D
Well, I'm just laughing right now.
I guess it's true but it depends on the situatuion though.. Sometimes life's just great and some other time it f*cks us ^^
Nice quotes =P
Thank you. Nice thread, by the way ^^ I just got some new quotes that I had on a tip of my tongue earlier, dunno if I can spam xD
haha, you can post as much quotes as you want! :D
Feel free to comment :P
The quote I want to be true

'everything is alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
Oh, I love this quote! :)
It's one of my favorites as well :)
I so hope it's true.
View all replies
"Joy (in my sense) has indeed one characteristic, and one only, in common with [Happiness & Pleasure]; the fact that anyone who has experienced it will want it again. Apart from that, and considered only in its quality, it might almost equally well be called a particular kind of unhappiness or grief. But it is a kind we want. I doubt whether anyone who has tasted it would ever, if both were in his power, exchange it for all the pleasures in the world. But then Joy is never in our power and pleasure often is." - C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis' quote on Joy (or Sehnsucht as he sometimes refers to it) has been very potent in describing this rare, fleeting feeling I've wrestled with all my life. It is a stabbing pain and longing that I carry with me - of constantly longing for something far away and further out. I find myself seeking it in my life (I serve it in a way). It is even part of the reason I am a believer - trusting that God is the source of it, and in the "having of him" he will be generous to leave always more of him to have... to long for.

It is my most valuable experience in this life, along with hope. :)
Very well said!
It's a nice experience & an awesome quote! :)
Thanks for sharing!