Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 128

What is the truth?

:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Where is the origin of truth? What does truth derive from? We claim to tell the truth, to prove things to be true by evidence, but what is that, or are those, which cannot be questioned to be true without any explanation or further proof? Where does truth appear in our experiences?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconi-am-a-retro-lass:
i-am-a-retro-lass Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
truth cannot be defined because it cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, in my opinion. it is only in the future evolution of the human brain as it connects to a global biological neural network that will finally reveal the truth behind profiles on the artificial www. Maybe future MRI scanners and lie detectors will be good enough one day to knowwho is lying and who is telling the truth.....see my article for more [link]
:iconpieaceofmind:
pieaceOfmind Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student Artist
to me truth is expressing to the best of ones ability, and as accurately as possible whatever it is their talking about. to barrow from ken white lion, if i see the sky as purple i am telling the truth. if you see it as blue then you are telling the truth. different answers but both factual. so i guess theirs variables in truth according to my lame interpretation. i try to keep it simple, black and white gives all the contrast you need.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Relativism is not a truth, it's an observation.
how do you find a truth, in science you observe and look for repetition to prove your truth. to have a truth you first need a subject to prove, you first need something relative to have a truth. i know im probably completely wrong so in all fairness pleas explain your point im kinda confused.
Relativism cannot be assimilated into the scientific method, therefore it formulates nothing.
Hypothesis is never relative.
i think you can only have a truth so long you have a perceivable reality. i think reality is interpretive because of the inconsistency of biology and the five senses. therefore i think their is no truth, because interpretation is hypothesis.

what is truth anyways, is truth the absolute end of something? the all its gonna be?

truth is a limiter, with no truth comes endless possibility. i think therefor i am.

i know i know nothing, i know no one els can tell me the truth.

knowing this i dont want to dictate, or corrupt others minds with dogma. so i try to suggest my idea as one possibility, while learning from what the other has to offer. piecing together my reality.
Truth is perfection.
what if theirs no "perfection" only progress?
Good question. I don't know the answer.
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: