Details

Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 206

How ELSE would you know?

:icondotb18:
A lot of creationists will cite the Bible as their proof that the Earth and universe are only 6,000 years old, that everything was specially created by Yahweh, and so on and so forth. But let's say (for the sake of argument) that the Bible was never written. How then, creationists, would you know about what it contains? Without the Bible, how else would you know the ages of the Earth and the universe? How else would you know the identity of the creator, its method of creation or the order in which everything was created? How else would you know about the first man and first woman and their "fall from grace"? How ELSE would you know about what the Bible contains, without actually using the Bible?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthespiderfrommars:
TheSpiderFromMars Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Did they know how to write and make books 6000 years ago?
Some cultures during that time period could read and write, but Israel wasn't among them just yet. The Hindu Vedas were completed long before the Bible even got started.
:iconthespiderfrommars:
TheSpiderFromMars Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Exactly, and I don't think the Jews (because that's what it was, right? correct me if I'm wrong!) bade the Hindus for help when they wanted to write all those stories down.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They insist the Bible is the literal word of god, so they don't question it? Anyway, god itself is a tautology so I can't see them being bothered by this one :p
:iconvomitbear:
The problem is freaks will believe anything except the stuff with mountains of information and data supporting it.

That's why you have birthers, creationists, 9/11 truthers, and alien abduction people.

It's easier to grab onto something that has some kind of emotional meaning to you as opposed to getting off your ass and actually learning about the universe around you and understand and accepting how small and insignificant you are.

In order to be a creationist you must, by rule, be a liar. That's the only you can be a creationist.
First you deny the reality of the situation (ie the Earth is not 6k old) and then you lie to support your pathetic position. That's where psuedoscience like ID comes in.
I have to agree. As AronRa once said, "To be a creationist, you don't need to know anything about anything, and it's better if you don't."

Quick question: What are birthers?
:iconroyal-demon:
Royal-Demon Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Late reply is late.

Birthers are people who think that President Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the USA and therefore he should not be President.
Oh. Thanks.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Pray with me, DOTB18. "I forgive the dolts, for they are dolts."
And may they find rationality and logic on their journey through this one life.
Add a Comment: