do you ever question your faith?

for those of you who believe in a higher power, does anything ever happen, or has happened to make you question your faith and all that you believe?

Also, do you ever feel that when some very bad shit happens to you, that your faith is being tested?
Comments110
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There was a point in my life where I began to question my faith. As I slowly delved into looking for answers, I found that most of them amounted to "you just need to have faith". On the other hand, I could see that science could answer plenty of things about the world and life, and if it couldn't, then at least it gave an honest "we don't know right now". It took a little while to set in and accept this, but I became an atheist after that. And though being faithless might sound horrible, I can say that I am far happier now then I was before.
Yes, quite occassionally
"Faith" is meant to be tested. It's strength is measured by it's endurance regardless of the ever changing circumstances. Do note that faith isn't just believing something or someone. Faith is two parts and requires trust as well. Active reliance. I can believe Delta flights are safe, statistics show it, but I don't trust them enough personally to actively put myself on one of their flights. And where there is lack of trust, there is obviously a host of doubts and where there is doubt there is 'fear of something'.

Have I ever questioned my faith (ie. the existence of the God that I call 'Father' who forgave my shortcomings through Jesus)? No, because I've had personal experiences and been exposed to people who have trusted in God and prospered in their entire life. Have I question my faith (fulness) (ie. my trusting confidence in that God)? Yes, more times than I'd like to admit. That's what testing will do. But the more I come to know my faith, the less of a struggle my faithfulness has when it is tested.

Nice to see a thought provoking question like this. Take care and I hope we'll both come to rely more on our maker.
interesting way of putting it.
Questioned mine and turned out ignostic. What a surprise, brah.
what question did you pose today
The truth is that no-one knows the truth.
two mirrors will not reflect each other eternally, only as long as the light will stretch
Love is fleeting, truth is eternal.
all good things come to an end
Yes, they do.
Per your question, the answer is no. Because I never think faith to be something solid or constant.
A good faith makes you question itself & able to answer & well explain it's point. Bad faith doesn't. It is a good thing to question your faith, you all should do that.
EVERYONE questions their faith. The real question is, what do you do when your faith is tested?
(And it will be...)

That's why you need to keep your faith strong, through daily devotions. That way when the storms of life come at you, you'll be ready and not give into the whims of the moment.
my faith was tested greatly. Needless to say I stopped believing afterwards.
So another win for Satan who shook anothers faith. Congratulations on your secession from faith.
but remember now, there is no satan or god, and certainly no heaven or hell.
Says who? What if you are wrong?
What do you believe is right?
View all replies
I question my doubts. Which in my case might be 'questioning my faith.'
I question my "faith" frequently. in Buddhism, questioning our own "faith" is not only allowed, but encouraged: [link]

besides, please never think that "having faith" means "never question it". it is a propaganda spread by weak minded people