Money Buys Happiness

I am unhappy I need a cup of coffee. I get my coffee and I am happy again. Money bought me happiness. I'm riding my bicycle and I'm miserable because I don't own a Ferrari. If I won the lottery, I'd buy a Ferrari and then I'd be much happier than with a lousy bicycle. Money would buy me a lot of Ferrari happiness.

The ones who say it 'can't' buy happiness are usually a pretty miserable lot reciting their miserable 'sour grapes'
philosophy. They will invariably be working class or lower class underachievers or arrogant and untalented 'artists' or left wing 'trendoids' who can't give up their 4wd's.

Money in the hands of really smart, wise, astute and socially adroit individuals (like my good self) will land on their feet despite adversity. The lottery winners who end up over a cliff were on their way there anyhow. An idiot with a calculator is still an idiot. A dork in
the kitchen will usually cook your dog by mistake or incompetence regardless. In other words, smart ones can buy great and useful happiness because they are above the herd and the dummies keep buying grief because they can't imagine anything else. Cheers!
Comments156
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Money also cures AIDS. You just have to grind it up, mix it with a liquid, and inject it into your bloodstream.
Do you take credit cards?
When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. ~ Oscar Wilde
Just can't buy wisdom like that, can we? Cheers!
Money can buy you happiness... temporarily. But then you run out.
If the choice came up - be a miserable millionaire for a year or a happy pauper for 10? Cheers!
Naturally. We are biologically hard-wired to desire things as a part of a survival mechanism, so we'll constantly desire more and more. Well, most people anyway.
Money may buy me happiness, but capitalism make me sad. It shouldn't run my life.
So, how much money do you need to qualify as a 'Capitalist'? I've got twenty bucks - would that do it?
"Capitalism" as in Walmart don't let you get overtime (the one where mom works at atleast). That might affect their profit. I don't hate the players, I hate the game.
Means you'll need more chips to stay in the game, no? Cheers!
Money doesn't buy you happiness but I'd rather cry in a ferrari than on a pedal bike.
What a rant. Well, let me retort. "The love of money is the root of all evil." And I am not just saying that because it sounds good.
Even though it sounds quite ordinary. Though money can sometimes buy quite a good root. Cheers!
Money can't buy you love.
It can if you know where to shop. Cheers!
The point of the quote is that money is not required to be happy. Personally, give me a crayon and it would completely make my day. But yes, often having a lot of stuff/money does make a person happy, for example, it would also completely make my day if I could buy this one pair of boots that costs $110. But that's not happening anytime soon, because boots are not on the list of items that I need to survive.

That quote does need to be rephrased....money CAN buy happiness.....it's just not necessary to acquire happiness....
Actually, there is no need to qualify with 'can'. It is implied already. It is also an open ended proposition for a reason. Every day we are presented with words that we take for granted and can become ensnared in a web of misinformation. There are automatic assumptions that 'happiness' needs to be a specific and immutable thing. It does not. Examine the language of advertising and marketing and it won't take long to see how words are used both as tools as well as snares and weapons. Once the critical 'what kind' of happiness? - is asked, the game shifts. Cheers!
I think the point of the quote is that you don't need loads of money to be happy. I personally am okay with tea, a book, and my records, I've never been materialistic.
It all relies on what sort and what quality of 'happiness' is to your specifications and satisfaction. For me, the coffee I crave would destroy my mind if I was forced with no other option than the 'instant' garbage that so many say they 'enjoy'. It would most certainly make me angry for a long time. Cheers!
Exactly, simple things like a good cup of coffee make you happy! It's if you're being materialistic that makes people unhappy, you just want more and more.
The ugly facts are that some really get happy only when they're inflicting unbelievable pain on innocent people. They're called serial killers. The other lot are called real estate agents. Cheers!