Details

Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
What are possible reasons why we exist? Is there a reason? What is your reasoning for your answer?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbrainninja11:
brainninja11 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
Why does one need an overarching reason to exist? Perhaps life has no inherent meaning and just appeared by chance. That just makes life that much more precious, and gives you more reason to enjoy life all that you can.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I wonder, does it have to be a reason for our existance? Why would it cheapen the lives of people if they thought they had no purpose given to them from some being they wouldn't even begin to comprehend?

I think the most plausible explination as of now is that we are the result of an event that happened about 14 billion years ago and that we have no Higher purpose. Our "Soul" is just the conjecture of a mind that is the result of inumerable atoms working together to form the human body that has somehow created a form of consciousness. I have been given a brief period where I can experience the Self, accumilate ideas and thoughts and interact with others. I do not require an afterlife to find a value in this one, I do not need a purpose being given to me. I am capable of recognizing a problem and coming up with possible solutions, so I make my own purpose in life.
:iconkhkeyblademaster2:
khkeyblademaster2 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I think we exist to entertain a bored God. why? look at the wacky stuff we do. trying to create life silly, silly humans :icongodplz:
:iconwolfyspice:
WolfySpice Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
'We're here to devour each other alive.' :iconhobbesplz:

Other than that, I see no intrinsic reason to existence. I exist because my parents had sex and I came out. I don't see a need for an intrinsic reason, either.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I wish to find my true self :)
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
PASS ON YOUR GENES THEN DIE
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
I suspect that our existence is the result of love in the highest kind.

Not created out of any wanting or unfulfilled desire, as a carpenter makes a chair to serve the purpose of sitting. Rather, we are created out of the nature and character of God - who in being a carpenter, must construct things. Or in being a dreamer must dream. Or in being a musician, must compose.

Our living and existing is a testament to his essence, and his love. And so we are also given similar ability to construct, dream, and compose.

Some disbelieved and challenged God's character - and so a war arose, that is still being fought to this day. Lies were spread, misinformation, and death, etc. with the purpose of destroying God's character. I believe we are all caught up in this war, some struggling to know which side we stand on, others convincing themselves that the war is real (or unreal). And so the fight for good and evil continues, until we are rescued.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
We exist to live and die as well as possible. Man is an actor on a lonely stage in an empty theatre.
:iconskulkey:
skulkey Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
it's quite possible that we exist because of mushroom spores.
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
So we are mushroom babies?
Add a Comment: