Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 82

Jehovah's Witnesses: Conspiracy?

:iconxopumpkinlovexo:
xoPumpkinLovexo Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
I don't mean that the Jehovah's Witnesses have a conspiracy against the world, but the other way around. As most of you may not know Jehovah's Witnesses absolutely DO. NOT. VOTE. I was thinking, could the whole religion just be a scam to keep the poor and disenfranchised (which is pretty much what the Jehovah's Witnesses are) from voting? And basically keep them out of any protests or movements of any kind?

Just think about it, for the first time in history the poorest of the masses are silencing themselves. It's ingenious, if that's actually the plan behind it. I grew up a Jehovah's Witness (I'm not anymore) and I always thought that there was something fishy about it, some kind of master plan behind the curtains. Do you guys think that could be it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstarfruity2009:
Starfruity2009 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student Digital Artist
No, i highly doubt its a scam, I know they don't vote for religious purposes, (i know because my best friend is one) and if they dont want to, so what? why so much hate? :.\ (refering to all the comments not just you)
:iconkalinka-shadows:
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Jehovah's Witnesses are Russell Taze's attempt at reviving Arius style Christianity. It became a Doomsday Cult worse than normal Christianity.
:iconmrarius:
MrArius Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
I've enjoyed reading this line of thought and the comments made but I don't think what JW's believe has been made clear. In one sense JW's believe that, much like a juror on a murder case who mistakenly sentences an innocent man to death, JW's bare a personal responsibility for whatever a person JW's elect might do. Even more important however is the deeply held conviction that the only answer to the myriad of problems we face is God. Jesus, when on earth was adamant before Pilate when he said "My Kingdom is no part of this world." When Jewish crowds tried to make him King, Jesus left. JW's truly believe that Christ is now enthroned in heaven at the "right hand of God" and that the promises in the Bible will come true. If God's Kingdom's will "will be done on earth as it is in heaven" , if, as Daniel 2:44 states, "It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms" - if they actually believe that - then thier focus would, necessarily, be on that promise as opposed to local politics, they would remain "no part of this world."
xoPumpkinLovexo Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
yes, trust me I know more about the doctrine than I have ever cared to. What troubles me is that a low class marginalized population that would most likely be democratic if they weren't being brainwashed, isn't voting.
:iconopalmist:
OpalMist Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Bunch of largely religifucked people not voting?

I'm not complaining.
xoPumpkinLovexo Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
True, but at the same time it's a very unique religious base because it is mostly minority and working class which could potentially mean liberal votes. Also, without being Jehovah's Witness they would definitely be voting liberal.
:iconthesmallqueen:
TheSmallQueen Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student General Artist
On the way to Indianapolis on Friday they handed our group their magazines at a rest stop, and I read them. It talked about religious things/parenting a teenager for a page or three and then had pages about polar bear deaths and sharks. What the hell?
xoPumpkinLovexo Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
That's supposed to signify the end of the world...polar bear deaths, whatever new catastrophe they can find.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Photographer
they could just....vote....

I don't vote and I'm not a witness.
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
And they refuse all blood transfusions. They are so easy to kill off it seems as well.
Add a Comment: