oh no I have sinned

I think everybody in the world has sinned, I mean who hasnt really?? Even really religious people have sinned, my best friend being a christian has sinned and is still!... So wouldnt that mean everybody is going to "hell"?... oh wait we'll all be forgivin if we believe in god and jesus right? and if we dont we're gonna spend the rest of eternity in flames just because what we did made us and others around us happy? Just because I choose not to follow god and jesus, I'm damned? I have sinned alot.Broken so many of their rules. but I was happy doing so. So even if I'm happy it doesnt matter? So what should I do? just be miserable and go to church on their day off? and dedicate almost everything to something that may not even exist? ...sigh.
Comments94
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
do what you feel makes you happy as long as you don't go break no laws, listen to paris hilton, work for the disney channel (lol). but in all seriousness as long as you do things that compromise your moral compass and can tell when enough is enough i say have at it. we've all sinned without a doubt what you do with the knowledge of what sin is up to you
I can just go to confession.
We all "sin" because it has been arranged that it is impossible for us not to. "Sins" are all things that we cannot help but do. It's an insidious trap, but a clever one: make us feel guilt for things we are definitely going to do and will will come crawling back for forgiveness time after time. In monotheism it's based largely around sexuality. I've heard of other, tribal religions with the same trap, but based on food.
Sin's a funny word. It's fun to say. Siiiiiinnnn~
I sinned too.
But there's no such thing as an invisible man resting on the clouds now, is there?
We all have sinned.

But God doesn't calls the qualified.

He qualifies the called.
I went off religion when they said that a new born baby could be a sinner. No wonder some people go off the rails and do bad stuff. We're stuffed from the outset...
yeah but some of the 'bad' stuff that religion thinks is 'bad' actually isnt 'bad' XD since when was having sex 'bad' till marrige lol or smoking weed when its NATURAL :)
Well, I've done one of the things you've mentioned ;-) But it was good
yeah its a good thing, its a natural part of life :) so why is that a sin i wonder lol
You must really stop being natural, WerewolfZombieCorpse, it only proves that you are an animal.
yeah my bf always tells me im an animal. lol. :)
I think everybody in the world has sinned

Yes

Even really religious people have sinned

Yes

So wouldnt that mean everybody is going to "hell"?...

No

oh wait we'll all be forgivin if we believe in god and jesus right?

No, you have to repent to be forgiven of your sins.

and if we dont we're gonna spend the rest of eternity in flames just because what we did made us and others around us happy?

Sinning might make you happy while you're doing it, but in the end, the consequences of the sin will follow and make you not so happy anymore, such as abusing drugs, lying, cheating, stealing ect. will all have a negative effect.

Just because I choose not to follow god and jesus, I'm damned?

"Damned" means you cannot progress any farther to the Celestial kingdom, doing what you're doing, so technically, yes.

So even if I'm happy it doesnt matter?

The idea is that being worthy will bring joy and will allow you to live in the presense of God, but sin will only bring happiness temporarily and will falter your faith.

So what should I do? just be miserable and go to church on their day off?

You should pray earnestly for what you should do. I know that sounds preachy, but I strongly believe in prayer and that it brings inspiration. If you're miserable sitting in a church, that probably won't help much, will it? That won't put you in the right direction.

Well, that's my response.
Yeah but I dont do any of those bad things lol XD
and im not religious either, just used some sttitude intothis. wanted to see what some answers were
Of course, they were just examples.
Give up trying to please them, honey. There's no such thing as sin.
im not trying to please 'him' though.
"He" doesn't exist, either :D
yeah i know 'he' or 'she' doesnt XD 'it'
Now, on the subject of multiple 'he's' and 'she's'and whatever the hell Pan is I could debate, but that's another story entirely.
Pan, like the Greek God of Nature/wild/Not Demeter/etc Patron of Satyrs(sp?)?

If so, isn't he like supposed to Hermes' son or something?
Yes, that Pan xD

And I believe so. The gender thing was poking fun at him, though I'm sure he has a sense of humor :D
View all replies
One of my friends have said that before, and I have to agree with her and you. Everyone has "sinned" and would go to "Hell" for it. We have all had our moments one plenty of the Seven Sins: Gluttony, Lust, Pride, Greed, Sloth, Envy, and Wrath. God must really love us if he created those "sins" that no one can avoid.