Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

"In a world..."

:iconjm764:
Jm764 Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Which one do you think would be the best?
Assuming beings of higher power existed in this situation...

1. A world where free will doesn't exist, you believe only one thing which is "built" permanently into your mind... but nothing "bad" has ever to you or anyone you know, there is perfect peace in which you enjoy, and there's nothing to make you think that your way of life being controlled by higher beings is a bad thing... but you ARE AWARE of these things.

2. A world in which is ruled by higher beings and DOES exist, you we're given a basic concept of "good" and "bad", but leaves those decisions up to you. Death, war, etc. exist, but said higher beings would (actually) come back one day and put an end to it all. But there would be horrible consequences for those who didn't take head to anything those higher beings said.

2A. Same as 2 except the higher beings DIDN'T come back.

or

3. A world in which NO higher beings existed, there was no "after", what ever goes goes, and when the world ends all perish with it...

We're curious to know what you guys think...
- Us

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist
No one believes in #1
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Number 2, it would be nice to see the look on people's faces when the higher beings come back lol
:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'd say 3.
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd like one, frankly. Happiness is in short quantity. Free will is overrated.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
In a world wherein everyone has gone mad, it is best to be crazy. I choose option 3.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
To be honest, I wouldn't really care. Its not in my power regardless of what happens, if I were to somehow have no freewill, I wouldn't know it. The analogy of the man in the room suits this well:
( it goes a little like this )

A man wakes up in his room, hes just slept and decides he isn't going to get up just yet, so goes back to sleep, he thinks he has a choice, but he didn't realise the door was locked and couldn't leave if he wanted too or not.

I'm sure if we don't have freewill, it would be similar to that.

The higher power thing just seems to remove responsibility, in the sense of God, it seems to remove morality, or whats good or bad. Such as, being scared of someone so you decide to be "good" because of him beating the crap out of you or punishing you isn't reinforcing why you should be good or bad. All its doing is telling you to be afraid. That isn't a good morality.

The third is how I see life. Simple, my life is unimportant, I'm tiny and insignificant and it doesn't matter what I do. I'll cease to exist one day. It sounds a bit grim but its not really, because I know my effect on other lives could make peoples small life on this earth a happy or sad place, and I choose to be empathetic and care about those, and to make a positive impact. Thus, better morality.
:icontheawsomeopossum:
TheAwsomeOpossum Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
:iconthespartanpenguin:
thespartanpenguin Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
I'd agree with loki on this. Perhaps we really would be at our happiest under rule.
Then again if all people knew that for a fact on 3 then that would be good too, religion brings so much suffering to this world it's insane, you don't belive this well you have to die, of so your a woman thats nice now do what the men say, oh your gay your an abomination. I mean come on.
:iconwolfyspice:
WolfySpice Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I think the third is the best, simply by virtue of pure familiarity.
:iconobsessedwithshiny:
ObsessedWithShiny Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
I think 2 is the best, because Free Will is something everyone should be given a chance with in my opinion, but doing bad things gets you punished by this "higher being". It's quite similar to this world except it's more like 2A because, so far, no higher being has come to punish us.
Add a Comment: