Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Cool ideas of the universe and your existence excluding a consious deity model.

:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Nov 4, 2012  Student General Artist
In your opinion, what cosmological model seems radically cool to you? Not a thread to discuss the validity of these models or the lack of validity to the model. Not interested into discussing general god here.

I lean through the viewpoint that the universe is expanding recently after trying to look at alternative models from those who checked to verify if alternative explanations are correct and avoiding bias. That being said, I find the phoenix theory of the universe very interesting. Much more interesting than other cosmological models. The phoenix theory of the universe is speculative though.

A paper on phoenix "theory" of the universe- [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconskulkey:
skulkey Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
the more i create fractals, the more i see them in nature. they are everywhere, quite literally. this leads me to the believe that the universe is a) made of math, and b) is recursive. microcosmic to macrocosmic similarity, with repeating trends ad infinitum.
:iconstxl87:
i find it interesting when Albert Einstein said the universe could be finite(having a definite beggining and end) and yet have no boundaries.

i was also watching a documentary on the string theory with Ed Witten (a physicist) and i find it inteteresting that it said "the universe may be a strange and lonely one, populated only by abstract concepts and many dimensions".
:iconkightster:
Does it mean that when you reach the edge you appear on the opposite one like Pacman?!
:iconstxl87:
if your referring to the Albert Einstein quote, yes i think it means something similar to that.
:iconredmarlin:
I found it very interesting to hear that the universe is almost like a giant brain. Makes me feel like if anything, the universe is a god in itself.
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I like the universe where it is expanding and contracting indefinitely. after reach certain "size", it will contract back to a single point, another big bang happens and new universe is born, possibly with new law of nature
ReptillianSP2011 Nov 5, 2012  Student General Artist
There's a lot of models based off big bounce, so are any of them more appealing or less appealing for you or they'll equal in level of appeal? The phoenix theory of the universe/multiverse is just one of them.
hanciong Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
really? there are a lot of models? I didn't know. well, I think all of them is ok. I dislike the current model where universe is expanding forever, and even more and more accelerating, which finally ends in "big tear".
ReptillianSP2011 Nov 6, 2012  Student General Artist
If the universe ending scares you, there's the quasi-rip model which is compatible with that and it's cyclical.
hanciong Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
you mean like in this paper: [link] ? interesting, thanx for bringing it to my attention :D
Add a Comment: