Closed to new replies
November 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 58

Religious people explain?

:iconyunonglu:
YunongLu Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012
I'm only cuious because I'm not Christian,Roma-Catholic, all those chruches. Except non of my Christian friends will explain this to me? Tell me if I'm wrong, okay! If I'm correct, the bible says something about do no evil, do not consult evil, no dark magic, yes? Do not commit any eveil acts, or make contact with wicca....ect. Here is my question----
" If the bible says all this stuff about wickedness and evil and avoid as best as possible. Dark magic and stuff. Then isn't exorcism going against what the bible says not to do?"
----When I asked my friends this question, they responded. "It's differnet."
May someone please explain how is is different?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbladewolf73:
Bladewolf73 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Dark magic is supernatural power that does NOT originate in God or His grace.
An excorcism is supernatural, and yet it's power stems from God's grace and is not possible without him.

Or at least, that's what a good, rational Christian would say.
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
"witchcraft" and "dark magic" as the bible talks about it is related to magical works outside of God's provision. An exorcism that is done through the Lord is not performing dark magic at all, no more so than someone laying on hands to heal someone through prayer, etc. The casting out of the spirits is still God's work, through our hands.
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student General Artist
Don't forget bringing people back from the dead, miraculously curing diseases and blindness, turning water to blood, making the sun shines with the moon right beside it..

Hah, of course it's different! That's what they all say!
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Jesus was accused of being a devil but he was really just a naughty boy.
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
idk about exorcism. praying to God is not magic.

this is how i differ between magic and psionics: if it involves asking the help of a demon, begging to certain creatures, praying to magical creatures, saying mantras, certain creatures, asking the help of a dead person magician than its magic. if its about your own abilities, willpower, self hypnosis, or asking the help of your greater self than its psionics.

its my opinion though. it might all be forbidden.
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Isn't exorcism white magic? Like, healing?

and where does it say about no dark magic?
:iconthemarcher:
TheMarcher Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
One more reason to be atheist, it is good to question double morals. And feel free to question any statment I say as well. If I cant defend them I might change my mind...
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
God created a boundary between this world and the next world.

Anybody who dies in this world by the hands of Angel Israel, as commanded by God, is immediately reaped into the next world, and it is impossible to come back. Because this boundary of God is created by the Lord of the Worlds, whom possess all powers. Not even a spirit will be able to break it.

So since spirits do not exist in this materialistic world that was created by God...the practice of exorcism is contradictory to the powers of God.

If I am right, it is from God, if I am wrong, it is from myself.

Peace.
:icontalknight2:
talknight2 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Azrael is the angel. Israel is Jacob's other name.
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There are different spellings, it can be both Israel/Azrael.
Add a Comment: