Closed to new replies
May 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 120

Prove to me the Holocaust didn't happen

:iconstarrkat:
starrkat Featured By Owner May 17, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You can't base it all off of Anne Frank's diary. Even if it was fiction, it doesn't mean the Holocaust was as well.

I watched a few videos on this subject and there were a lot of people who said it was proved that the 'Holocaust didn't happen'. And all the people who believed it did happen had thumbs down.

So, people who deny the Holocaust didn't happen: Prove it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjohnnykazoo:
johnnykazoo Featured By Owner May 29, 2012
No one denies the existence of camps and that Jews were deported, along with other groups of people, to be put into camps, and that many people died; No one denies this. What deniers, well actually they refer to themselves as "revisionists" because they think that sounds less misleading, think is that there was no actual plan of extermination for the Jews, homicidal gas chambers weren't used, and that the 6 million Jew death toll is an overestimate.

You may ask, what about all of the footage and pictures of dead bodies? Doesn't that prove they were murdered?
Well, if you look at footage of camps like Buchenwald, which isn't even considered to be an extermination camp by any historian, there were piles of dead bodies at that camp too. What a lot of people fail to realize is that there was a typhus epidemic that struck these camps, which caused many people to die. So, the revisionist argument is that the people who died at Auschwitz died of things like typhus and other diseases like they did at camps such as Buchenwald.

Also, another thing a lot of people don't realize is that the main purpose of Zyklon B, the cyanide based pesticide pellets supposedly used in homicidal gas chamber to kill Jews, was primarily used as a pesticide. No historian denies that Auschwitz had delousing chambers where clothes, furniture, etc was put to be fumigated using Zyklon B. Unfortunately, the Zyklon B wasn't capable of fulling preventing all of the typhus outbreaks. Unlike the Nazis, the Americans had a far superior insecticide called DDT, which they used in the Japanese American Interment camps.

There's a lot that can be said about holocaust revisionism, but hopefully this will give people a little bit of a view into the revisionist perspective. CODOH.com is a good website to visit if you're interested in the arguments made by revisionists.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner May 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have some photographs, no photoshop around then - [link] ...Take some time to really look at them all, and then come back and have your debate about the numbers ...if you still feel like it.

Go and read the WIKI, it is pretty comprenhensive - [link] ...the estimate there, somewhere between 11 and 17 million people. Jews, Gypsies, Russians, mentally deficient, homosexuals, freemasons, jehova's witness.

Even if it were only 100,000 shot in ditches and buried, that was too many, and just I don't understand why people want to count as a way of deciding their response to the acts committed. Nor do I understand anyone who wants to make comedy from it. This was no fuckin' joke, ask anyone who somehow survived a death camp. You can still find them, look for the tattoo on their arm.
:iconproductno49:
productno49 Featured By Owner May 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
The problem is that there is so much focus on the Holocaust and Jewish deaths that most forget about the millions of deaths from other nations that completely dwarf the number of Jewish casualties.
starrkat Featured By Owner May 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
That's true. There were a lot of deaths concerning people who WEREN'T Jewish.
:iconstyrofoamb00ts:
StyrofoamB00ts Featured By Owner May 18, 2012
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but there really isn't anyone who denies the holocaust. There are people who question the details, and to different degrees. The folks over at IHR tend to get their asses handed to them by Nizkor every time they open their mouth, so my guess is that the "revisionist" crowd is dwindling...

I wrote a pretty long paper last semester on Holocaust denial. It isn't really fair to call these people anti-semites, and it's ad hominem because even racists can be right. And besides that, I really haven't seen the evidence for it. Paranoid? yeah, probably. In some cases definitely. But usually not racist.

People would do themselves favors by looking into the issue so that they can approach it with the facts, instead of simply assassinating the character. There are a few details that some find lacking, but the convergence of evidence on all fronts overwhelmingly supports the Holocaust happening, and in numbers not too far from the general estimates.
:iconspacelanderryo:
SpacelanderRyo Featured By Owner May 18, 2012  Student General Artist
starrkat Featured By Owner May 18, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
tl;dr
:iconspacelanderryo:
SpacelanderRyo Featured By Owner May 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Those are links to why the Holocaust did happen if you're wondering.
starrkat Featured By Owner May 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Ah.
I still didn't read it.
:lol:
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner May 18, 2012  Student General Artist
People who deny the Holocaust happen are ignorant. Most likely just some Nazi fantastics with no taste or respect.

My grandparents went trough World War 2, they saw how Jews were treated and they have talked to people who were there.
Not to mention we do not only have Holocaust survioirs, of diaries of Jewish children but even Poisoned Nazi men who admitted there crime.
People who still don't believe this with the hard core proof just deny it because they might have to fee l sorry for Jews, gypsies, Homosexuals Jehovah witnesses they don't want that.
Add a Comment: