My mom wishes I was dead...

My mom hates me. She calls me every bad name imaginable and tortures me daily. Becoming a teenager is supposed to be a great birthday right? Wrong. On my 13the birthday my mom told me that she wished she had an abortion with me and my twin. Then, she stole my money and disappeared for a month. When she came back she said it was all my fault. And she always tells me "I killed my father"(he died when I was four) "I killed my grandmother"( died when I was in 5th grade) and "I killed my grandfather" (died last year). My life is a living hell. I don't know what I should do. Sometimes I feel like killing myself but then I think better of it. I'm thinking of divorcing my mom this summer when I turn 14 so then it's legal for me to do that. All of her friends believe every word she says. The cops have even been over here a few times but they always believe my mom because she used to work for the town that we currently live in. They even yelled at me so that I was in tears. Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do? I don't want to go to counseling or anything because my mom will just pull her "They toture me!!" crying act.
Comments216
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm so sorry. I thought it was bad just having an irresponsible mother let alone.

thanks to this country's legal system you cannot escape her until of age. Just do not let her throw you in jail

just as another person said, find a social worker, it's never too late. promise.
GAh.......okay. I just can't wait to leave!!!
another thing is maybe tape the evidence so you have prove for this or something. I'm terrible sorry to hear about your mom, since she isn't mature by blaming you and your twin sister
go on with ur life and prove to her that u can succeed w/o her. sounds evil but it works.. we got the same situation but diff tortures but if ya need to talk or anything jst leave me a msg aitey? :big hug:
God, I'm so sorry. That must REALLY be a living hell. I've never really been in a situation like that but all I can say it that if you're mom is treating you like that, you should get some help from a church or one of thoose hotlines. Do you have any relatives that you could go to? If you do, I would go to them, get as far away from her as you can. I hope everything goes okay and good luck! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
God, I'm so sorry. That must REALLY be a living hell. I've never really been in a situation like that but all I can say it that if you're mom is treating you like that, you should get some help from a church or one of thoose hotlines. Do you have any relatives that you could go to? If you do, I would go to them, get as far away from her as you can. I hope everything goes okay and good luck! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Do you live in America? Cos i don't know any child line help services over there, but there is always a childline service you could go to. I don't think it's a healthy environment for you to live in and it must be stopped. Your mum is taking advantage of your weaknesses as a child and is going to do real damage if it's not stopped.
Has she ever showed any compassion to you? Like given you a hug? Or said "I love you?"
If not, then you need help, and i livein the UK, so i don't know if i could give it, but try to find a helpline service, or talk to someone at school. (a teacher) and make sure they take you seriously.
I really feel for you, and am behind your problem 100% And do you have a twin? Or a friend? If so, get them to give you a hug. A big one.
ever thought about drowning your mom when she's drunk and makeing it look like she passed out and just drowned? 2 canadian girls did it and would have got away with it if they wern't stupid enough to brag about getting away with it.
something to think about.

yeah really sorry about your situation i wish i could do something about your situation.
Dude. Go to counselor. I'm serious. I went through the SAME exact thing. I'm not kidding.

My dad use to work overseas a lot, and I guess that really got to my mom. So I lived with my grandpa for awhile. I'm not going to go through the ugly details, but I'm going to give you some advice. If it gets really serious, just remember - IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Trust me, with all of the abuse my mother put me through, I thought about suicide a lot. Don't let her warp your mind like that. Try to find help through counselors through school or church. At first, I was afraid too because I was worried what would happen if my mother found out, or what other people might think of me. But a little did a LOT. I first talked to my English teacher who I felt close to, and she set a meeting with me with a counselor at our school who I could talk to and get help with. Or you could find a social worker. Social workers can help mistreated minors, and set you up in a better home, most likely with relatives. You can find a teen hotline to help you out with that, either by phone or email, so search the web.

ALSO- your friends and their parents are one of the best things you've got. Try spending some time at your friends and talk to them about, more importantly their parents. A responsible adult can help you get out of that matter and seek for good solutions for helping your life for the future.

:hug: I know what you're going through, so don't worry. Just trust in someone and things WILL get better. You just have to take it one step at a time.
many hugs and kisses
i know how you feel, my mom tells me similar things all the time. all you can do (appart from running away, which i do not advise, was a horrible experiance for me) is to find good friends to support you, and so you can go sleep over to their place if it geats reall bad. plus you have a twin, so you can help each other.
but i'd also say that you should be nice to your mother. i know this sounds weird and is really really hard, but she probably feels like crap and "only" uses you as a vent for her aggressions.
if it gets unbearable, then go to a youth shelter (sorry i don't know the exact names of that kind of institution in english). i bet theirs one in your town
hope this helps
higs again, be strong
This situation sucks... and I wish I could help...
Here's an idea... I know it's probably been discussed before... First tell a school counselor or teacher or someone who you trust. As long as you have that trust, then the person will believe you. Counselors are good because they're trained in all these situations.
Secondly, limit your contact with your mother. Don't give her any more information than what she absolutely needs to know. I have friends who have gone through the same thing... and I've witnessed many of the things you're talking about.
You choose your life through actions much as your mom has chosen her path through her actions. Even though you may feel weak now, you have strength - lots of strength - just revealing this in the forum.

Take care of yourself, and create a support team with your sister. She is an invaluable resource.
Admission is the first step to resolution. Take action in your own time, but sooner than later.

Good luck.

Daniel
I'm so sorry you have to go through with that. If you didn't have to be sixteen to do it, I'd say get emancipated. If you have any close friends IRL who have parents you can trust, you should try talking to them. Talk to the school counselor, too. Even if your mother doesn't want to, you should. They can try and help. But it sounds like your Mom is the one who needs to see a counsilor, maybe a therapist. A lot of people think "OMG THEY'RE EVIL!" but my Mom was diagnosed with chemical depression and she sees a really nice therapist. Although, she probably wouldn't listen. That is horrible that your own mother would treat you that way. :no: She needs to realise that shit happens, people die. It's not your fault.
But...honestly...If you have any friends in other towns, or if you know a place you can go to...I'd leave home. It's probably not the best of advise, but before things get worse. But telling your school counsilor might help, or try the high school counsilor. There's also foster homes.
If you didn't have to be sixteen to do it, I'd say get emancipated. If you have any close friends IRL who have parents you can trust, you should try talking to them. Talk to the school counselor, too.
Yeah my freind's mom and nana and uncle are helping me.
Hunny I didnt read all the other posts but I went through the same thing with my mom .. and she died when i was like 16 or something dont care to remember but when she died we were not on speaking terms I left home when i was 12 ... and didnt go back and I am still unsure if I feel bad for not talking to her before she died ... I dont know if I care
I know others have said this, but I've been in the same situation as you before, and I'm very happy living with my best friend's family. Talk to somebody! It is scary, and I know social workers may not listen, but you have to keep trying. And I know your mom will probably ask you what you said to the social worker and all that, but try to get through it. Talk to your friends and their parents. Just find someone who is an adult to believe you. If you have enough people on your side I know social services is bound to listen. Note me if you need anymore advice!!
Im praying for you. i just felt sooooo glued to urstory i couldnt pass up saying that no matter wat you say ,itll be better, God's with u
Um.... If god's with me then why am I living like this? I'm kinda still religious..
Well, you have to understand that God gave people FREE WILL. He can't control what people do to other people. That is entirely up to them.
I cant answer everything...but alot of people who have had a life like yours are some of the most important ppl around or famous. God uses their stories as a testimony when they speak to ppl that feel like there is no hope.
Every good preacher i know was kidnapped or a drug addict or in a gang before they became who they were. They frequently tell their stories over and over again partially to show you that god still cares and there is hope.
And just incase you dont see how a pastor could have a past like this...religion isnt what you frequently see. There is such a phrase as "come as you are" and there is such a thing as Hardcore christian music:> there is so much that the people who dress up once a week to church dont see even the most religious person youve ever seen
i dont know...i kinda got off subj...hope this helps you out
Call the fuckin' cops. Or pull a Columbine.