My friend is suffering in some way and I don't know what to do

Comment hidden
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Keep talking to him.  And if he can't get counseling then encourage him to find a support group online.  Also some counselors/therapists do therapy online so he may not even have to take a taxi anywhere.

You should also encourage him to continue to get outside and do things, and to reconnect with his other friends.  If he complains that it reminds him how lonely he feels, point out that the remedy to being lonely is not hiding inside your house by yourself.  If he wants to feel less lonely then he has to start talking to people regularly, even when he doesn't really feel like it.  He's certainly not going to become less lonely by avoiding people!
I think your friend is not totally wrong about one thing, your personality always comes out one way or another in your art. That aside, he looks like a young man that is lost and doesn't know how to handle life right now. I think seeing a professional is a good idea, even if just to discover more about himself. There are also a lot of books about self, kinks, ect, if he is too afraid to go on forums. 

BUT

You may gives him ideas and tips on how to deal with the situation but you can't "save him" from it. He has issues on his own and you can't do anything more than be here, as he has to do the work of self improvement or whatever he needs to do on his own. It can't come from you or he won't hear it. Having someone to talk to is already a great thing
Comment hidden
I'm not familiar with thoses kind of books in english, but if you search through "personal development" and "psychologie" you're bound to find one that he could be interested in. If he can improve his way of seeing the world and himself maybe he will find what it takes for him to take life and own it !
Would he willingly relinquish his soul?
Comment hidden
It might take the pain away. 

Okay fine, when he's ready to bargain, just lemme know.

Now let's talk about your soul.
Firstly, does he WANT the help? There's no point helping him if he doesn't want it. Secondly, if it's that serious, might want to consider a professional instead? If he's currently living with his family, he could try talking to them (Provided they're not the toxic family kinds).

As for kinks and stuff, I'm pretty sure there are specific forums and such online he could ask around and look into anonymously. Could help.
Comment hidden
If nothing else works, literally the only thing I can think of is professional help so ya'll gonna have to find some way to get to that. I guess make it a goal? Could always just keep checking around for any that's closer by, 'cuz you mighta missed one.