Harassment Help

Hey everyone, hoping for some third party input here on the best route to take or if anyone else has experienced something similar?

Some of you may know what's been going on the past few months, but for those who don't, long story short: I've received consistent harassment from a few specific people on this website.

It started with the online bullying, where two users created an account specifically to harass me. These users frequently ban evade and take every chance to attack me.

This has now escalated into a new user seeking out personal information with personal threats. In addition to this, I had them blocked and they were trying to dig up this information. I've already been in contact with the help desk here and they seem very helpful regarding the block evading as that is bannable, if I remember correctly.

I've also retained a lawyer, and they are looking into subpoenaing the IP address of the user attempting to dox me so we can begin filing a lawsuit against them in both U.S. and English courts.

To be honest, if this person gave me a proper apology I'd let this all go.

In the meantime, what else can I do to stop this harassment? Any help is appreciated, thank you
Comments282
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I was harassed here before. People in my TF2 guild followed me here and vandalized my art by drawing penises on it. I was pissed as hell, but after awhile just blocked and ignored them. They stopped harassing me
I'd create an alias account and be on there for a while. Only tell those you truly trust the name of the account.
Take a break from the site for a little while to allow yourself that time.
Seriously, Complaints has become really toxic. It's one thing to troll, but this is just insane.
I'm sorry this is happening to you. You seem like a sweet and lovely person.
thank you :hug: i appreciate it a lot :blushes:
You're most welcome. :hug:
I had someone bully me and kept bullying on there other accounts whenever I blocked them but I think I blocked all there accounts and they haven't bullied me anymore so keep blocking and they might leave you alone like what happened with me. 
awesome, glad it stopped :) thank you
hopefully, you got a lawyer
I'm glad you got a lawyer
Short of a quiet but concise assassination, and/or the method you are using (preferably "and", it makes for plausible deniability), I am not sure there is much you can do. Unless you are a psychological whizzkid at persuading someone that obsessed, which would make you both a hero, famous, and the object of desire of every social and specialized clinical psychologist alive. (Object of desire until you tell them how you did it, anyway.)
Hello, Ma'am.
I've experienced harassment (if any1 tells you they haven't, they're lying) at certain points in my nearly half-century of life,
but nothing, and I mean NOTHING, even approaching what's befallen you. 

Some other commenters are right: You are doing all you truly can do.

YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT.
I think you're doing as much as you can do about this. I hope they read this and know there's repercussions to their actions. I hope you sue them even if they apologise, to again drill it into their thick skulls that online or not, it's still harassment that they wouldn't appreciate receiving themselves. I really don't understand why someone would put so much effort into bothering someone. It says a lot about them tbh. 
In all honesty... there's not much you can do against internet harassment. I can tell so from experience. Unless they show up with a knife on your doorstep, there's not much anyone will do (and even then it depends on how active the police in your country/area is).
The only think you can do is contact the admins or helpdesk on the social media platforms you're harassed on. They can ban the person, but they usually won't block ISP's since there's a lot of people connected to that same ISP (and they would then be banned too) and IP-bans are relatively easy to bypass anyway. The best you can do is ignore them, a nickname, set all of your social media accounts on private, and make sure there's no information that leads to your real life name/address/phone number online. When they're not severely mentally ill people without a job or life, they will eventually get tired of the game and find someone else. 
Weaponized Autism is proving to be an overwhelming power. You should not understimate it. :nod:

youtu.be/DTlyOB_I7yc
Eventually even autists grow bored :shrug:
Except I'm not autistic and it shouldn't be used as an insult. I've blocked seadragon ages ago and want nothing to do with him. I dont know why he's squirting all over this thread.
From what I understand he was talking about the trolls, not about you. 
If you blocked them and contacted the help desk and a lawyer, I'm not sure there's anything I can say that'd be of any help. Hope everything works out for you!  
Comment Flagged as Spam
Was it Suyash?
Not advised to divulge anything specific, but feel free to read the other comments.