What should I do?

There's this girl at work who is absolutely out to get me. Everything I do it's always wrong.
First she tells on me for having my phone out, but yet she can have her phone out all she wants?
Then she complains on me because I asked an elderly woman if she would like to sit on the lower floor. 
Then, as I'm feeling absolutely sick and about to throw up she comes over and says in this really mean tone "we're all working our asses off, SIT UP". I was sitting down to try and get ahold of myself so I could keep working, and I tried to explain that to her but she kept going on and on. 
And so finally I just started crying... 
I went and told a manager I was sick and needed to go home and she let me go.
But... 
What should I do? I'm obviously going to talk to a manager about it. But should I also ask to not be scheduled with her too? That way I'd avoid her completely. 
How should I handle this?
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Tell evwrything to the manager and wait to hear his/her opinion and the solution the manager gives. If you're not ok with the reply, then suggest the different schedules to know work with her. What she does is called mobbing and your manager shouldn't allow it.
Well I did have a chat with the manager, and he said I shouldn't switch my schedule around for her, and that next time find a manager and tell them.
They really shouldn't allow it :/ I'm surprised she's not fired by now cause I'm not the only one she does it to.
Wow, it sounds like a really problematic person. Hope this whole situation ends soon. Good luck!
Thank you! Well unfortunately they wouldn't let me change my schedule, but they did say they'd stick up for me and handle the situation if it arises again.
Yes, I would talk to your manager, tell her what has been going on with this other girl because none of that is okay. And yes, I would ask to change your shifts because You shouldn't have to deal with that kind of shit while you are working.
I definitely will. I work tomorrow and I know the best manager to tell. 
I will. I also applied to somewhere else to work too, just in case nothing works out.
good plan, Im sorry you have to work with such an unkind person!
I'm sorry about it too :c I wish I didn't have to... But at least my company knows about it now and it's their move on what to do with her.
Just tell the manager that she's being hard to work with and that you want to change shifts, like, either you get a different shift or you quit, It's really not worth it working with her
I can do that. I know what days she works, so I can just ask to work on days she doesn't work.
That's when you move the school shooting to work
Oh geeze. I've been there, and that brings all sorts of nasty memories back.
What I would do is schedule an appointment with your manager face to face and discuss your issue with them.
But please remember; just because they have a phone out during work doesn't mean you should too, honey. Any type of work that does not need your cell phone out, just lock it up and only look at it on lunch breaks. This is crucial, it sets an example for yourself that you care about the work.
Consider the possibility that the girl may have a family issue or a sick friend that they are checking in with, and have asked for permission from the manager to use phones during work hours. The person in question may also be under a lot of stress and is taking it out on you as a new member of the team. This last one was my issue. I confronted them before talking to my manager and I asked them if I could help them if that was the case, and it did help the work relationship. It showed that I cared, and was hurt from their comments. I think asking the person nicely is the best way to go before running to the manager. This gives you the opportunity to fix a struggle before dragging a person who is not aware of the issue into the midst of things. If things don't go well, only then you should talk to your higher ups.
Remember to try to keep good work ethic, even if you are placed in a bad position. Good behavior often rewards the person with trust, and makes you the better person and more believeable if further confrontations turn up.

Let me know how it goes hun!
I can try talking with her about it. But I did report her to corporate, because what she did and the tone she took with me was still wrong. 

I'll let you know how it goes though :3
Thank you for being concerned ^.^
In addition to talking with your manager, I would start logging these incidents ASAP. Keep a journal of times, dates, etc., and the exact incident that occurred.
Oh I definitely will. I also just reported her to corporate.
Next time you work with her, look her in the eye and tell her that she isn't your boss.  It sounds like she enjoys micro-managing, but unless she's over you, she really has no right to tell you what to do.  

And yes, tell your manager about it; she sounds like she needs to just...stop.
She's definitely not any higher up than I am, so she really has no right. 

She does... I told corporate about it and today I'm gonna tell a manager.
One thing you should NEVER do is be rude back to them. I've dealt with some pretty annoying people too, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's just to act calm and not show your anger, because if they see that you don't seem to care about what they do to you, they'll stop doing it. All these people want is to see you in a miserable state, so if you don't act like that, they'll realize that you're tough and'll give up on making you feel like shit. That's how it always is. Just stay strong and tell your manager as soon as possible.
I honestly agree with WerewolfConfess about this. I mean...she's not a manager is she? Cuz if not, then she's probably liable to get fired if she keeps doing this...to the point where you piss her off so much she starts to scream like a spoiled child.

But if she IS a manager or assistant manager...that sort of behavior is still unacceptable. Power's gone to her fucking head if that's the case!!
She's definitely not a manager, she just likes to act like one.
...that's bad. And also that's like...no way to upgrade to a manager either.
For sure :/ I just told Applebees (the company/corporate) about it. She'll be in so much trouble.
Yeesh...

If she really took it that far, then talking to corporate means she's in REALLY deep water now. And no one's gonna help her cuz I bet she's been doing this sort of shit to other people.
Well I'm sure she has :/ cause to be honest, I heard that hosts quit often and now I'm beginning to see why. She may have played a part in it.
View all replies