I did something dumb, will I be okay? I dont feel well..

Hi guys owo;

As the title says, I did something kinda dumb. Why I did this isn't important, but... I drank saltwater. Now that's not (entirely) the dumb part though. The site said to use 2-3 teaspoons of salt in the glass of water, but, I misread it. ...I used 3 TABLESPOONS instead.

I didn't drink the entire glass, maybe 1/4th or so, half of it at the VERY most. I nearly vomited instantly but ended up not actually doing so. Since drinking it I've felt very sick but thankfully the stomach pains have been going down slightly, though not entirely. I've also been drinking more, non-salty water in hopes to not get dehydrated and to hopefully dilute the remaining salt a bit. Will I be ok? Is there anything else I can do? When will I feel better?
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I know this post is kind of old if you consider that it's about consuming salt water, but as long as you drink a TON of water and stay hydrated you should be okay. Salt water is bad for you because it dries up the liquids in your body if consumed in large amounts, so if you just keep putting water back in then you shouldn't get sick or anything. .w.
I hear people are "getting salty" but you took it too far.
I don't know you but I now heavily dislike you just for that joke. </3
Lies. You love me.
But I'm a robot GASP
It depends on how much you weigh and how much other salt you had during the day.  For a 100 lb. person the lethal dose looks like it's 45 to 135 grams of salt.  3 tablespoons of salt is just over 45 grams, which is getting a bit too close for comfort if you're lightweight.  So you might want to call the Poison Control Center for your area and get advice from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Here's the link for the US:
www.poison.org/

You can phone them or use their web tool.  (You might want to do it anyway, since you're going to get better advice there than from anyone here.)
the one time being fat is actually a good thing eh? XD
Hey, it also makes us float!  When I get tired of swimming I roll over and float my butt to shore. XD
"Roll over 'n' float my butt ashore, hallelujah!"
A one time intake of a lot of salt won't do too much to you unless you have kidney problems. Just eat and drink, and don't fight it if you feel like throwing up. Hope you feel better soon, don't panic, it's not going to harm you.
Thats a lot of salt, even if you only drank a little bit. Keep hydrating, and eat some heavy food too.
Okay thank you ;v;