My health anxiety is slowly creeping up again

Comment hidden
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have GAD as well, and honestly, the truth is that it just comes and goes in waves like that. It can be in waves of hours to months, the best thing I've found is to just find smalls ways to relax in a little bubble and take things slow. Turn everything into small, simple steps that you can map and make it simple to the point of it not being something that induces too much anxiety. 

Medication may help, but it is one hell of an experience. You will go on something basic like Prozac, and they will raise it, and there's a chance that it will help but it might also have no effect. So you have to hop to another one, and mix, and repeat. But sometimes it is really, really worth it.
I agree with what was already said. Make yourself think about other things and doing stuff that should help your body (eating fruits, vegetables and stuff etc. You get the idea) can't hurt either. Since it is an anxiety (and you know it) the answer lies in your head :)
Eat healthy to strengthen your immune system and the positive hormones in your brain, and try to keep your mind busy. Drawing is a good way, you're on DeviantArt after all!
Put a donk on it.
stop psyching yourself out or get put on some meds. I know because i have severe social anxiety disorder and i have to be on meds to function