Severe loneliness :c

Ever since the start of my final year of high school, which has been a little over a month now, I have been feeling painfully lonely, and I honestly dont know what to do about it, personally, I am SUPER extroverted, yet not very outgoing at all, I feel like a super needy (and clingy) person who prefers one good friend over 100 decent friends, and this is where my problem comes from, all of my real life friends are good, but lead there own lives and I dont want to bother them with my severe need for attention, so I hang out with them at school, maybe out side of school every once and a while, but when it comes to after school, weekends, and breaks, I feel crushingly lonely, my online friends are not super similar to myself, and this creates obvious issues. (Obvious comments about teens/young adults struggling with this kind of stuff aside) I have been pretty much searching for an equally needy person, which i know is probably not common, to chat with, game, and draw with. I dunno, this is mostly just a rant, but I feel frustrated at my current situation and really just feel helpless. If you read this far, i appreciate it, and by this point im really not sure what else to say. But yeah, thats that.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think that you should let other people decide if you bother them or not. I totally understand the feeling that being alone just feels like everything's less fun than sharing it. There's nothing wrong with that!

Meet new people too? : >
I know how you feel, it's hard for me to get along with people who are not "like me". Of course, I like my friends whatever they do, but there's a difference, it's like I can't be totally me with those friends.
I'll say not to worry at all. I've been alone (and VERY alone) for some times and it's a good opportunity to look at yourself in the mirror and to know you better.

You know, friends are coming and going. One day you'll walk down the street and you'll meet THE friend you'll feel like a sister or a brother.
Though if you need to meet a lot of people, you can do benevolent things, or find a job where you meet a ton of people in a day ^^.
I suggest looking for people who like the same things as you. You'll definitely find some people to hang out with daily, or every other day, if you both are very interested in the same thing!

If you need someone to talk to you could always note me, I wouldn't mind :la:
Sorry you're going through that. I don't know what advice I can give, since I'm an introvert who's incredibly not clingy. But I do know that if you want to find someone needy, look for weirder people. People with strange obsessions with subjects or fandoms, or people who everyone seems intimidated or uncomfortable around. They could always use another friend, and they're usually as clingy and fun as they come.