Help

Okay, so for the past 3 days my phone is having some serious issues. This wouldn't be that big of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that I use my phone to browse the web, go on here, upload art, etc. more than I do on my computer. Just recently my laptop which I barely use "died" so this is the only way I can even access the Internet. My desktop is at my dad's house, and I'm staying at my grandmom's house for majority of the summer. So the serious problems in having with my phone is that I can't upload pictures to places like here, I can't open some apps, my storage space get's all filled up even if I don't download anything, and the limitations I'm having are driving me crazy. I tried contacting some people at the tech support subreddit, but all they're saying is that I should wipe my phone, which is what I want to avoid, cause I don't really want to get rid of everything (I don't have it backed up, and I don't think I can back it up either due to the mentioned problems). Just please, if anybody has a solution to this that's not wiping my phone clear of everything, please tell me. I don't want to have these restricting problems on my phone anymore, I just want to post my art without conflict.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think the reason they're telling you to wipe your phone is because - well at least with iPhones - there's this quirk where "deleted" things don't really get permanently deleted. I don't actually know a better way to resolve that than to just wipe things or maybe just delete any music you have downloaded.
So you might have to back up your phone. I'm basing this comment on the assumption that you have an iphone - based on the problem you're having - so sorry in advance if that's not the case (although it would really surprise me if other phones didn't have a similar cloud backup feature). Now public wifi isn't really secure, but if you're desperate you can head over to somewhere with public wifi and do a backup to iCloud, rather than a computer (tbh, you should try to do this anyway, especially if you have your life on your phone). Public wifi is pretty easy to find nowadays...Starbucks, bookstores, malls...all those usually have it. Some libraries and government offices (like the DMV) do as well. Anyway, if you're using a newer iPhone, you can do the iCloud backup by heading to your settings and selecting iCloud -> backup (again I'm sorry I have no idea what phone you're using...).
If that's really not possible, you may try calling your cell phone service provider (or having your dad call if it's his plan) and having them upgrade your data plan to where it's enough so that you can use your 3G/4G/whatever to do a cloud backup of your phone. If you're using TMobile or AT&T I don't think you actually would have to upgrade though, they'll just throttle your speed after you transfer a certain amount of data.
Now, whether you're able to backup everything on your phone or not, if you're able to upgrade your phone's OS over wifi or the cellular data network, you should do that (check that it won't wipe out the data on your phone, but your might want to just take the plunge and do it anyway). Upgrading your OS might resolve problems you're having with opening apps. I don't think it will resolve your used space issue, but who knows....phones are weird.

TLDR version: upgrade your phone OS first. if your grandma has secure internet, use that. if not, use your cellular data network if you have a good amount of data available. as a last resort, find public wifi to use. if you find that one of those internet options works, see if your phone has a cloud backup option and use that. if you successfully do a cloud backup, wipe your phone and restore it from the cloud backup you did. 
(for the record, I just noticed that Apple magically decided to disable backing up over the cellular data network...so hopefully that advice doesn't apply to you)
What if you like.... copy everything to an SD-card, backup them into your computer, and then wipe your phone, and put all the data back in? : >
I sadly can't help. I have no idea what to do unfortunately.