Anxiety is screwing up my life

For the past 4 months,I've been struggling with my anxiety. At first,it was the typical symptoms,but recently,its gone up a level. Now I feel like I'm going to drop dead at any second,or pass out. I've gone to a therapist,and I'm going to be arranged to get an exam. But deep down,I feel like there's been a disease that's just slowly killing me. Today,I got off of school. I was a bit happy,but my symptoms have made me feel the opposite. In fact,I had a small meltdown a few minutes ago while doing the dishes. I was very close to committing suicide with a knife,but ny fear kept me from doing so. I've just been suffering alot for these past few months. I just want to be happy again.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've have been dealing with anxiety lately as well. It's been affecting my grades in school lately and has also been making me not want to do some things I normally like. Going to a therapist might help, it has been helping me, and trying an anxiety medication may also help.
::hugs:: I'm sorry you have been going through a rough time. If you ever need someone to vent to, hit me up.
Anxiety is a disease, I have it too so trust me I know how awful it is. For me I found that it gets a lot better with the right medication as well as social support from loving friends, even just one kind person is enough to help. Try to reduce your stress as much as possible, I find that that is a big cause of anxiety for me.
And remember, "this too shall pass."
Finally! Somebody who understands what I've been going through. I have been getting support,but its not the best..
I'm sorry. :( Try your best to hang in there and take it one day at a time.