What would your reaction be if you just discovered many relatives died in the holocaust?

Distant relatives but still. Like same surnames. About 80-90 of them dead.
Comments44
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Depends on how old I am when I find this out. When I was a teenager, I would have used this without feeling to act like there was tragedy in my past. Now I'd probably say, ok, well that is surprising but that really has no bearing on my present.
Well, I know quite a few people from my family died them... like my great grandmother only survived because she was shipped to Siberia before the Ukrainians started the mass jew killing.

Do it like every rational person, hate germany and remind them constantly of their crimes.
I'd be upset. I did have relatives living under Nazi guns but they weren't killed by them.
holy crap how many da accounts have you made
Well I'd be damn surprised to have any ethnic roots of the sort but okay.
Many of my relatives did die in the Holocaust. It makes me sad for my grandmother, who lost most of her family, but otherwise doesn't affect me much.
That's really sad. I know I'd be crushed.

Unfortunately, though, I had a distant relative who ran a death camp.
I would probably find it interesting at first and then I wouldn't really care...What happened, happened :nod:
I wouldn't care bro because it did not happen.
See my sig.
I've said my peace
I probably wouldn't care.
A bunch of my relatives did, my grandparents escaped and came to the US. 

Go back far enough and you'll find relatives that have died in many tragic ways. Everywhere has been invaded at some point, or had someone come into power that has slaughtered their own people.  It's part of history. Part of your history now in a more personal way than before you knew it, but still part of history. It can change who you are, or not. It's up to you. 

If you're asking if you need to carry some sort of burden because of this...I don't think so, no. It doesn't have to be your weight to carry. But it can be, if you want it to. 
Mild interest, migated by whatever is next on TV.
I really wouldn't have a reaction other than interest. I wouldn't really be closely related and I never would have known them anyway in all likelihood. 
I think the stress would be so much that I'd turn into some kind of weird troll who keeps coming back to sites after getting banned and asking about my weird fetishes like being allergic to water, drinking blood, nerd thighs, and Jews. :crying:

I'd probably change my name to Lisa or Miles, or maybe I'd switch back and forth between the two, who knows. 
It was you, Jake Wrong!
:nuu:

Watch this person not be Miles, and I've just gone off on some poor random person with a bunch of gibberish. :lol:
This one actually has art but they def be the same person forum.deviantart.com/devart/ge…
Welp. I'll add him to the list. :iconsolazyplz:

I know the original Miles account had art, but it looked a little different than what he has up now. I guess he's done other things with his time besides just posting these topics. =p
where is the list?? XD
Untitled Drawing by rockettreverie  in the description :giggle: For the sake of speed I just started adding the new names to the comments
View all replies
Holy crap! And it looks like at the start of this account, he actually posted non-weird things and made a couple helpful comments. O_o 

If he can pass as a normal member long enough to have a 6-month-old account (and who knows how many other stealth accounts), he could conceivably be any one of us. Nuu 
View all replies