How do I break up with a guy?

I've only been dating him since January but it feels like it's been years, he hasn't talked to me in over 3 months and I don't feel the same about him anymore, I still care about him and I don't want to hurt him but I can't stay in this relationship any longer, I feel like a caged animal! Please give me advice on how to end it.
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
OH MY, DEAD USER.
Slap him in the gabber.

m8.
Ahhh you beat me, Ms. British!
Well, OP is gone. Didn't last too long then.
Didn't... didn't you just post a forum about how your first bf broke up with you and you're heartbroken? Do two people use this account? I'm really just confused. Did he break up with you after all then, after you were considering breaking up with him, and now you're heartbroken? 
If this is the case, then I'm very sorry for your pain, but it's certainly better for it to be over, as you both wanted out... Time eases wounds. 
I considered breaking up with him first, then he did it and I was hurt.
Ah. Well then, I'm sorry about your pain. Best of luck in recovery. 
3 months? Well. I'm pretty sure he isn't in a relationship anymore.
Text him, or just ask him in some way what is happening, maybe he's as nervous as you are and he don't know what to do.
I saw you said that this is your 1st relationship ever, so please remember the most important thing in EVERY RELATIONSHIP - communication. :)
Talk to him. Just talk, talk, talk, about your feelings, about everything. Your partner should be the person you believe the MOST. Got it?
Free yourself and find somebody who will love you. :) <3
I'm in the process of ending it, I hope it will end easily.
it already ended... he quietly broke up with you without telling you.

he seems like a jerk...
he's not a jerk, he was the sweetest boy I had ever met.
Seems like he already left you.
Well I'm in the process of ending it officially.
Well, call him up and end it.
He likely already left. Move on. 
If he hasn't talked to you in three months, he already did the breaking up.
I don't want to believe it but I guess I have to.
It definitely wasn't the mature way for him to handle things, but I think it's safe to say that when someone has been silent for half the relationship, that they don't intend to be in one anymore.
Ok, I'll try to send him a text tonight to make it official. If I can work myself up to it....
Be honest. Tell him what you wrote here.
In the end, you have to live with the way you ended things, so don't be mean or secretive - just be honest.
Tell him what you just told us. It's not working for you and you need to move on.

Don't worry about hurting him. It will hurt, but it's better to rip that bandage off now than to mess him around with half-answers and innuendoes and false-hope.

If you make your meaning clear he can come to accept it and move on more quickly.

It seems like he's not very invested in this since you're not even speaking regularly, so I honestly wouldn't worry about scarring him for life.
it's hard not to worry about that, but ill try. Thanks.
sounds strange. 3 months is quite a lot of time without communication. Why hasn't he told you the reason for why he wants space? no messages, no calls, nothing? maybe he has already moved on without telling you, and you are the one sitting and worrying about hurting his feelings. Or he could be sitting and waiting for a response from you. Depends, if this is his first relationship, maybe he doesn't know what to do either? Why didn't you start a conversation during all this time?