Worrying about the future is normal right?

Lately I've had sort of a breakdown I guess? I tend to do it every year I guess? I'm sort of worrying that I will be forever alone? That I won't be able to find a job I'm happy at, even if I finish my degree, and that as far as ever finding anyone who I'd be attracted to, that would even consider dating me?  

It's normally when you deal with social anxiety to worry about these things right? 
Comments44
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
People hopefully don't choose their partner just for them being rich. Just be responsible and do your best to be productive and your future partner will see that. Love is... another thing. Work is... pretty minor in comparison.
TOTALLY normal :heart:
I used to get those feelings in my teenage years, and now at 26, I'm still getting them randomly every few months. It's a downer, but you just have to push past it, and focus on the good stuff - corny as that sounds.
But the fact is, you need to have bad days to appreciate the good ones. Otherwise everyone would just be 'meh' all the time. The bad is bad, but it'll pass~ :rose:
Yeah, it's normal. I'm always doing it. I need to choose which career I want to follow for the rest of my life soon. That's scary!! What if I don't like it at all? What if I don't succeed? Sometimes looks like nobody cares, and we're all under pression to achieve goals that we didn't set, but society... Then I think of... Changing the course, the career, the mind! If you don't like your situation, you can change it, unless you're dead! ...Okay that's too strong, but have you ever thought about it? 
Im sorry to hear that i had a complet mental break sometime ago when my dad died, i was underweight because of an eating disorder i have and contiue to struggle with depression and anxiety, I suffer from very bad panic attack's once called an ambulance because it felt like i just had a heart attack. another time i vomited in public and became very physically ill. but im on daliy medication for depression and anxiety. It has helped a bit maby you should go see a doctor, about medication or councileing. And of course Im always here to chat. Dont worry about the future just try to focus on what make's you happy now.
I do that every time I see a picture of couple. I don't know if this is normal, but you are still less affected by it than me maybe...
I also suffer social anxiety and I can somewhat relate to what you're feeling.  It is normal, everyone feels this way at some point in their lives (even those without SAD), and it's a perfectly okay thing to worry about.

If, however, the worry is eating away at you and/or distracting you from real life obligations, then it's a problem.  Do you get any treatment for your social anxiety?  If you have a counselor, maybe they'll be able to help.
I know this all to well.
I think it's normal tho o-o
It's not all the time, so it should be okay.
If this was a sign of depression, you most likely wouldn't have asked here if it's normal :)
It's normal at some point, but if you keep letting it eat away at you, it becomes a problem.
It's not just social anxiety, it's...everything. Anyway, helps if you can focus on more immediate shit instead of going too big-picture.
However that is proving difficult for me, When I look back at that whole 'career' planning phase they make you go through in high school, I was literally denied any chance to achieve that goal.  
I paid for three years of college by working at a crap job trying to better myself until finally I couldn't afford to go to the main campus because my step dad who wasn't even supporting me, made too much money for them to consider me.  So I worked at that job until finally I had a panic attack on the floor and they fired me.  Now I do have the opportunity to try and go back to school, but the agency that is going to help me pay isn't going to pay for art school, so I get to do Forensics, which is fine with me.  However from there I get to worry about how much I'll still have to pay for college, and of course the whole 'I need someone nice to date' thing but I know like....zero men.  

And this probably makes me sound like such a winy bitch. I just can't find a way to beat this feeling.
Good on you for getting that far despite the panic attacks and anxiety, for a start. You should give yourself more credit for what you have accomplished.

I would look into scholarships and stuff. Student debt never goes away that easy, but if you can get on a career track, it's totally manageable.

And, one thing at a time, maybe? Do you feel uncomfortable if you're not in a relationship?

Not really. Those are some realistic things to worry about.
As far as being uncomfortable when I'm not in a relationship the answer is: Partially, some days when the anxiety isn't um...horrible I can cope with not having one, otherwise I'm left with this sinking feeling that I'm going to be the crazy cat lady.

And Everyone keeps saying that (You, my few friends, my therapist...) And I'm going to try and make an appointment with the school to talk about that, the job training people have agreed to help pay up to 3k on tuition but I keep worrying that won't be enough to help me...

I literally only have like a year or two left of college...but I'm still terrified. 
Hmm. Do you have a good network of friends? You mention a few below. If you can get into some activities and start building more relationships, that helps, too. Honestly looking for a significant other can be pretty fuckin exhausting, and it sounds like you have enough on your plate already. But I hear what you say about the fear of forveralone.

Ah okay. Debt forgivement has improved a lot here in the past 7 years, btw. I would make sure you are applying for as much as relief as you can, hopefully the school can help you figure that out.

Seriously, it's normal o: Although if you're dwelling on it to a point where you can't do the things you need to do, then yes it is a huge problem and needs to be managed.
I have a few but my anxiety keeps me from really confiding in them because I worry I'll seem annoying.  I have alot of trust issues outside the internet mostly because of how much bullying and people lying to me that I was subjected too what when I was younger.  And Yeah it seems exhausting, and enough to drive my blood pressure through the roof. 

And Yeah I'm realizing that I guess I just feel like...my mom has alot of credit card debt not because of herself but because of my father, and I don't like the idea of having to worry about that in addition to my own worries...but I see that taking out loans might not be such a terrible thing if i can get into a position where I can work.  And While I might never get to do anything art related apparently people can see me being very good at forensic work. (My therapist mentioned someone about my capacity for deep thought and while I don't credit myself as being very intelligent people think I am? ) 
Yeah, therapy is really best for that :/ As far as friends go, I konw a lot of people who have a give-and-take system, so if they do lay it on, there's no guilt because the other person can, too, when shit gets real for them.

That's pretty cool, plus it's not like there is nothing artistic about forensics. I think it's pretty normal for people to not see themselves as smart when others do.
Hey worrying about the future is common.but its nothing one should get too worked up about. look at what you got now and
use it too your advantage on to help you get were you want. 
Yeah I'm just not entirely sure how to work up.  If there's a job I want it requires experience, and the only thing I have is six years of call center experience and that's not going to help me in an art of forensics related job
sorry for the late reply.  I if you want to become that but have no experience is there some sort of program to help that.
you might nee to find another job until you meat your goal. you know something to keep you afloat.
Yes. :) Just make sure you take those chances. o_o Especially when it comes to people.. if you are attracted to someone, go for it and accept that it probably won't always work out the way you want. You have the ability to control your anxiety!

It's cheesy, but just try to be optimistic! Anything could happen.
Yes.
A hug. A decent job, and boyfriend who looks like Corey Micheal smith.
These are my life goals. 
I feel like it's very normal. I have the same worries though I try not to let them affect me though that is easier said than done. I try for the most part to not think about the future and focus on now. Which can lead to some horrible life choices and impulsive buys but hey I'm happy in the moment.