Maggot on/in my shoe!!!

So I just came from outside. We were in a wooded area with a billion different bugs (and I've acquired about 7 different bug from the ones I couldn't stop in time) anyway. When we reached destination I noticed a little white worm squirming on my shoe (the part on top of the toes) I freaked and instinctively wiped it off with my other shoe, which drug the critter out, and smashed it on the ground.

Now I'm worried, I don't know if that maggot was already in my shoe and trying to make it's way out, or it somehow fell on it and was trying to get in for whatever reason. My shoes were in my unoccupied dorm for two days and I didn't check before I put them on... I did play soccer on Thursday outside at night on a turf field, maybe an egg came on the bottom of my shoe then and a hatched larvae crawled to the top?

I was thinking of diluting some bleach and pouring out on the shoe, but someone said that with destroy my (black) shoe... I'm paranoid there may be other unhatched eggs in my shoe. Idk what to do. Any suggestions? They don't allow us to put our shoes in the washing machines here.
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I agree with soaking it in soap water, also drying it in direct sunlight too.
Make sure to wear socks.
Leave it submerged in soapy water, maybe?