Need help talking to a woman I find attractive,

I went to a diner for breakfast and met an old high school classmate who i still find very attractive. I barely remembered her because she was an underclassmen and I was a senior, and I graduated over 5 years ago. I introduced myself to her and she to me. What next step should I take? Should I offer my email/phone number, or should I ask for hers?

Thanks in advance!
Comments74
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I know you don't do facebook, (hell, she may not either) but it is a good low-stress way of getting to know someone. And girls are definitely more likely to accept a date if they know you at least a little bit. If social media is a no go though...

You could try visiting the diner more regularly and making a point to chat with her, assuming she isn't too busy. After a few positive encounters, ask if she wants to exchange numbers so you guys can text (or call, if you're more comfortable with that).

Taking it too slow can be kind of risky though, (especially if you find out too late that she's already in a relationship) so if you want to be more proactive about it then you could just ask her out to lunch or coffee. Maybe just say it's to "catch up", or just call it a date if you want.

You don't have any mutual friends, do you? On the off chance you do, then hanging out together with the mutual friend is a great way to spend time with her without the pressure of it being a date.
Ok, thanks! I don't believe we have any mutual friends. I've lost contact with my high school classmates.
Well take it slow if you just met here after so long start chating her up, i suggest phone number is the best approach exchange them
over the time you talk to her you slowly build a relationship with, after that invite her to go places something simple like movies, cafe, amusement park, etc. 
If thats the case she might show signs of her liking you from the time you spent with her if you get the chance
And let things roll off their
ok, thanks ^^
definitely not email. just be kewlll. get a wingman or slut whisperer to help you out if you need it. Don't tell her your feelings but like hint it REALLY strongly with actions cos actions speak louder than words. and just suck her into your bubble if you catch my drift
Why not email? (I've never dated so i don't know whats acceptable or not). What about phone numbers? Should I offer her mine or ask for hers?
e-mail is really business-like so probably not a very romantic gesture.
phone numeros are definitely okay!
ask for hers
First of, think of her as an ordinary human being, who's just like you.
This will help clear some obstacles you obviously have, because you're asking us how to approach her.
But that's okay, shyness is normal :) 

Just try getting to know her as a friend first, because liking someone only out of physical reasons can lead to bad dating experiences :)
Ask her to get a coffee or something with you sometime.. After that, just go with your gut, relax, and do what feels natural to you.
Its a combination of shyness and having no clue how to ask someone out. I've never dated. Thanks.
If you saw her that one time, how are you going to give her your contact info?
What if she has a boyfriend?
I would theoretically just ask her if she wanted mine. I know she works there. She would either say yes or no and that would be that.
First of all try to be a friend with her. talk and try to know her, what she likes and dislikes...and always be yourself...girls knowNod La la la la 
Hope to be of help my friendHug 
:) its appreciated buddy.
Look through her eyes into her soul and tell her you love her. This shit works.
I barely know her. You've got to be trolling me. If so, kindly gtfo.
think about what you want to say and then say it. Facebook is great if she has one you can see if you have similar interests and chat and usually they have their number on facebook. If she's willing to give you her number or accept yours you can try it. I personally like to make friends and flirt first so I know it's what I want and then go for it. Looks are great but they aren't everything. You might not like sites like facebook but it's what everyone uses it for, also to spy on classmates.
Fair enough. I did go to high school with her, but I barely remember her from back then. I blocked out a lot of that part of my life. It wasn't the best of times. Idon't like spying on people, thats partly why I don't use Facebook.
Wait a sec, do I understand it right that you met her by accident the first time and haven't asked for a contact? Is she on FB, or how were you going to ask for her number/email?

In any case, you're already sort of acquaintances so it should be easy enough to just ask her out. Hopefully you'll be able to tell if she's interested or not. Because that's still a big if.
I went to the diner one time and saw her there, but I didn't recognize her. I don't want to join FB, but thats a whole other story.

Should I ask for her email/phone number or should I give her mine?
But how do you even know you'll meet her again? Is she working at that diner?

If you want an answer to that specific question, I think you should ask for hers (phone number is probably better). It's more common where I'm from for a guy to ask.
But the point is, you should only do that after you've shown you're interested in her (by talking to her, asking to meet her..), since it's more natural to have such info at that point. Just walking up to her and asking for her number is awkward, cause you have no idea whether she has a boyfriend, or is interested in you.