Chose the wrong major

I wanted to go for art but everyone else was saying that it was a bad idea....

So i switched to Psychology.... and then Political Science... now I have this weird ass degree combination and no idea as to what job I'm going for.

Maybe I'll just stay stuck as an administrative assistant forever....
Comments36
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
As long as you keep studying art at home, it doesn't matter what kind of degree you'll have. There are many self taught artists who've been studying engineering and programming but they work just fine as freelance or studio artists...
DX.... But I need a "Full time Job"..... so.... anything goes now, eh? 
Then apply for a 2D (...) artist position in a game/illustrator/animation studio, what the problem? They'll hire you if you have the skill.
Are you graduating this year or are you still in school?
Graduating this year..... DX
it's your life, your career, you choose. Art is not the only profession with difficulties, psychology is hard, medicine is hard, architecture is hard, and many many other professions are hard. If you have good possibilities then why not try? do your best with what you got. 
Well, whose fault is that? When it came to choosing the path of your life, you chose to listen to everyone else, whose life it was not.

So you can either try to go back and do what you wanted to do, or make the most of what you have now. Either choice is fine, it really doesn't matter, the point should be that at this point you should be taking control of your life and making the best decisions for you now. You can still do art if you want. Or don't. But decide on something and act.
Research the subjects you study and then choose what you think will best serve you
go back and do art.
it's better than doing a job you never wanted
>-> the wonders of retail
What exactly is your degree? (the title)
>-> poli maj psych minor...
That's gonna be tough.
Yup... I'm like HR>>>>
HR's pretty ok though.
You'll pretty much need a masters or PhD to get anywhere good with those 
that was the plan but then the adjuncts were all.. talking a
bout being underpaid and lucky to find a job....
Underpaid is better than not paid. Maybe
DX.... The sad part is that it's true.... 
So what you're saying is that you didn't do enough research before choosing your major? Otherwise you'd have known that art and psychology are two of the most over-populated majors, as well as among the hardest to find a job for after college. The market for those two is completely and utterly saturated.

As for Political science, did you determine what careers need that degree? What level of degree is needed for the career you're interested in?
Was thinking of becoming a professor
There's actually plenty of Psych openings but it's "PhD/PsyD or bust" + specialty. Puts a person back over $60k if they're "lucky".
In all countries?