So depressed... help me out of it?

Right now I'm struggling to get myself out of this awful mood. What makes life worth living for you? I want to know personally what makes people feel happy and alive...
Comments128
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I go for peacefulness most of the time. :3

There are long term and short term ways to achieving this, both of which are a little subjective, the short term way can be with the appropriate kind of music or things you like to do while keeping in a "no rush" mood... The long term solution for me is to make less assumptions, there are certain assumptions that can bring down your self esteem quite a bit.
True  true, thank you for your input.
I've been depressed most of my adult life. The thing that helps me, is culture in general : Art, literature, music, philosophy, poetry and so on. People made great works of art for a reason. You just have to find the writers and artists that speak to you. I also understand now that meaning can be found in little things. Last summer I spent many evenings reading Emma Goldman's essays at a local park. There were some ducks there near me, just going about their business.  For some reason it all made me happy. I intend to do this again this summer.
True, I personally find music to be especially inspirational. I'm glad you found something that works for you. :)
McKenzie and Eliza, my dogs. Go get a puppy.
I'm allergic to the majority of cats and dogs, I still want to find a hypoallergenic cat though. T_T
If you have a nature area close by I'd go each day!  Or walk someplace you normally don't go / explore.
Good idea, I love exploring new places!
I kinda had depression too and faith in God was what pulled me out of it (I'm too poor for medication. Haven't seen a doctor for like 10 years...)
But I tend to just keep the experience to myself unless people ask me to go deeper because people tend to attack me when I say that and I'm still too weak to face those attacks :#
That's respectable. I'm definitely glad you found something to get you through it!
Art is what keeps me going when I'm depressed. I sing a bit, I listen to gymnopedie or some low key beautiful music, I open my window and draw whatever comes to my mind. The beauty of this world and our creations is what keeps me going.
I checked them out, and gymnopedie sounds fantastic. :)
Music is definitely one thing that keeps me going.
When it comes to what makes life worth living for me, I would say that nothing makes it necessarily worth it for myself, becuase of my state of my after a life changing dream I once had.

But what drives me to keep living is the fact that I want to see the rest of my family succeed and prosper. In fact, I am driven to make sure it is so. I come from a family where I had 4 siblings, and we have always been poor and our family has had a large variety in the history of our families illnesses and cuases of death. Unfortunately this has been true to the point that we were too poor to be able to help our oldest sister who had schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. We were unable to help her in the way that we wanted to, and the government here gives mentally ill people too much freedom to the point that none of the mental hospitals we put here in would keep her there. Eventually she passed away becuase of all of this, and has cuased my family a great loss, especially becuase of how young she was.

Becuase all of that had happened, I not only strive to make sure no such tragedy ever happens in our family again, but I also plan to one day become so powerful that I will be able to push for the laws to change so that no one will ever have to suffer the same kind of loss, just becuase the laws give mentally unhealthy people too much freedom. I find that this is what I have been called to do, and is my purpose.

Other than that, I do enjoy taking pictures, especially of cats, who are my favorite species of animals. Taking pictures makes life a lot more enjoyable  ouo
Personally, I think the focus should be less on restricting freedoms of people with mental illness, and more on teaching them how to cope with it and improving their quality of life, as well as having more support available for people who struggle with such issues.

I'm very sorry for your loss though, but I'm glad at least that you found something that works for you.
No. You must ask yourself that question. Live by your own free will. We may be influential at times, but we were not always meant to lead by example. What works for you works the best. So let me ask you instead: what makes YOU feel happy and alive?
That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Most are facing this problem several times in their life. I usually used to listening melody songs to come out from that situation. I got this idea from one custom essay writing service
Ah yes, another one falling into this...I have been there myself, my friend. Allow me to tell you a few things. I don't know just what has you feeling like this but let me tell you this; whatever it is you are NOT alone. Everyone has gone through this at some point in their life. I have felt like i'm not good enough. I have felt like no one cares. I have felt it all. Allow me to tell you a short little story. It's complicated so i will try to make it short for you. Long story short I thought everyone I cared about had forgotten/left me and I found myself relying on the one person I had left who I thought still cared. Then he turned out to be a horrible person behind my back. Then everyone whom I thought never cared about me anymore all came back to my side to help me. I never needed the other person, I was never alone, and neither are you.

And if you feel too bad, think of it this way; there are so many things in life to make you happy! Even if they are little things, it's the little things that count. Allow me to compile a small list as to lift your spirits, shall I?

HAPPY THINGS:
Starlit nights
The feeling of sunshine on you
Going swimming on a hot day
taking a warm shower on a freezing cold day
seeing your food coming at a resturaunt
cute animals
laughing so hard your sides hurt
adventured with friends

^ and so many more. So many things to live for and be happy for! Don't put yourself down, look on the bright side and go out there and enjoy all the fun little things in life, and remember there is always someone out there who cares about you.

Kay, hope I helped, luv ya :) 
Thank you so much for your response, I love your list. :)
Thanks! Maybe I will write up a longer one sometime. Im glad I helped :)
Hobbies make you forget everything...trying something new like, fashion, sports, cooking, play videogames, sing, play an instrument, there are so many things that make you feel full in life, but maybe you cant see it now because of depression, feeling like nothing to do and just thinking about bad moments, maybe I'm not in your shoes but I have felt awful but then I remember that theres a rainbow after the rain.
I enjoy fashion, gaming, singing, and playing guitar, so I think I'll try to engage more in these hobbies. I just want to find a way to pull myself out of this numbness I seem to have fallen in. I do believe there is a rainbow out there for me somewhere. Thank you for your comment. :)
Thanks for responding, hobbies are consuming, forget about the feelings, listen to your mind, I'm not telling you to be a robot but removing bad feelings, I know it is not easy, but I hope you will be happy.