I'm very unhappy

Where do I begin? I have no job and  I don't have a drivers license so I feel like a useless adult, and I feel like a burden to my parents. I want to transfer to a four year school but I should't because I haven't completed associates degree. It will take forever since it's pre-med. One of the reasons why I want to transfer is because the area that I live in is horrible when it comes to jobs yet at the same time I'm afraid of the cost of a four year school. My family has credit card problems and our cars always have problems! I feel powerless and I feel like nothing good will ever happen to me again.   
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Change your mind...Not al the days are good, but there is something good every day, focus on that little thing. If you make your brain think that you are happy you will be happy one day.
Hey!

Stop looking at the big picture. Yes, stop looking at the cover of the 5,000 piece puzzle and look over here at a few pieces for a moment. 

You don't solve the entire problem, or in this case with the puzzle, the entire puzzle at once. You take it one piece at a time. So you should do the same. You know where you stand, that is excellent. Most people aren't that on the ball with what they have going on in life, but you know where you stand, what needs to get done, and it is implied on where you want to be. 

Now I don't know your age, social status, financial status, or how long you've been in school for, so I'm going to avoid giving you specific directions and work with what you've presented so far.

Take it one day at a time. Work on one problem and move to the next. And idea I just had, and I'm breaking what I told you I would avoid doing in the above paragraph, is about a job. You are going pre-med, see if you can get some sort of medical field job. Something small that exposes you more to the medical field, and gives you good experience. CNAs or Lab Techs (like a pharmacy tech) can get certified and trained rather quickly and online if you need to.

But point of this is to take this one day at a time. Talk to your parents too and see what advise they have. Work on the problems you identify as most important first, and only select one, and then move to the next. 
Get the learner's permit
Then use someone else's car
Take the driving test through a driving school
with their car

Do something
anything
Move on
You're only powerless if you sit there and do nothing but fret. Focus on what needs doing and do it. Worry about the future when it happens.
I have a job that pays me decent. I have my license and have already paid off and gotten rid of my car since I don't need it in the city. I have enough to afford my apartment away from the existence of parents so I only carry my own burdens created by myself and I other wise get to do whatever the flip I want with myself and my life. I have great credit, my own pets, and I go to a community college because it's cheap and will be transferring to a 4 year the second I can apply for financial aid own my own. I also don't have debt because I don't accumulate it and am willing to be patient and work things out before jumping into dreams you can't afford.

My advice. Take small steps to get what you need to done. Then don't think and just...do..it, immediately and demand it until it's done.
Oh bullshit! You're doing it wrong!
You have to accumulate mountains of debt
Ruin your credit rating
Live out of a dumpster
and start an emo band!
Do fictional emo bands count? Maybe do wub wub remixes of emo music on the youtubes, cause I can't afford all that eyeliner, ecstasy  and hot topic attire.
I don't have a "job" - I refuse to work in retail stores and instead I'm pursuing jobs related to working in small gift shops, art commissions, pet-sitting, cleaning/organizing, and I'm also looking around for anyone looking to hire curvy women such as myself for modeling jobs. (I don't think I have the face for it but I'm looking anyway) 
No driver's license - I hate driving, it makes me panic and stresses me out too much. I've been told I'm actually a GOOD driver, but my fear holds me back. I wouldn't be able to buy my own car anyways, nor would I want one because I wouldn't be able to pay for my own gas, so my boyfriend does the driving in our life lol 
I feel very frustrated with my living position too, always have. Lived on and off with my parents (who are divorced) and my grandparents and since my grandparents died and I can't trust either of my parents, I live with my boyfriend at his parent's house until we can leave together. 
I also decided against college. The debt isn't worth it to me and I didn't like what my local colleges had to offer. 
I mainly would like to pursue my artwork and I recognized that I don't need some college degree to show people that I draw. I'm proud to be self-taught and I work hard to improve my skills. 
I hate the area I live in too, it's a boring yucky town/city and I've always lived around here and I hate it. I've always dreamed of living by the beach so my boyfriend and I are working towards making that happen. My childhood home is being sold and I get part of the profits - which will help us buy an RV or travel trailer. Both my boyfriend and I are seeking out kinds of jobs we can do on the road while living full-time in our RV/travel trailer. 

What are your goals? Your dreams? What kind of jobs would you like to pursue, and what are you willing to do? 
You could try moving away and looking for "live-in" jobs! I've been looking for those too. Been checking websites like craigslist and I look stuff up in google a lot too. 
Same here. I have no job and also don't have a driver license. I would need one, but I have no money for that. I often dispute with my family and I also wanted to go to school, but they told me I am too old already to learn -.- I made so many tests and everything was for nothing x.x I live alone and have to deal with so many things, but it's fine. But if someone has no Job, you can do whatever you want, that's the nice thing. Also my parents has no jobs since 10 years, but they still have more money and I have. I just live by that money, which I safed, because the country doesn't help me much. I just get 150$ and even my apartment costs 350$, without energy, water,...just great.
You should take steps towards trying to improve your situation (which luckily you can in this case).

-Try getting your driver's license.

-You can actually apply for a 4yr once you're done with your associates or during your associates (typically after is a better choice) & what do you study?

-Debt is unfortunately a part of life (& so are car problems). Only way to get past that is to obtain $$$ & best way to get $$$ is through studying then moving to place with a better job situation.
I'm studying to become a physical therapist, there's a good job market for it.
That's good & all the reason to do the 4yr college since you'll get better opportunities.
The reason why I keep putting off getting a driver license is because my parents car always have problems. The other reason why I keep put off is because my mom doesn't feel like letting me drive. Eyeroll Icon 
For the learner's permit, you only need to take the written test then after that, you got 2yrs to get the official thing.
No I need to drive 50 or 60 hours to get a license. I already got a learns permit.
Alright, then it's just a matter of finding someone to help you do it.